Alan Pardew

JH

For each body blow that Mike Ashley delivers to this club and the fans, it feels like the club loses a bit more of it's character, it's charm and respect in my eyes. It just feels now after this whole saga and the others before it that the club is completely flat and empty.

I won't back Pardew in any capacity, as I think supporting him would give Ashley the impression that his decision was justified and he'll continue this trend of stupidity further down the line if things are looking up for us. The day him and his cronies leave this club will feel like the biggest weight in the world lifted from our shoulders. The thought of our beloved club having to be associated with Mike Ashley for what could be another decade and beyond makes me sick to my stomach.

Spot on.

Guest Wally_McFool

Only just heard the part of his interview saying how much respect he has for Chris Howton. He'll know his name perfectly well, fucking wanker.

Pity a journo never addressed him as Alan Partridge at the Press Conference in response to that comment

Serious point here. Imagine for a second that we'd had the results this year and last with a twattish character like Souness in charge. Would people be as fussed about the manager getting the boot? He got a lot of brownie points for being a decent man who conducted himself with dignity. It's still a results industry though and he failed to pick up many points this year against lower Premier League sides, including some stinking results against our fellow promoted sides as well as Blackburn, Stoke and Wigan.

#devilsadvocate

Serious point here. Imagine for a second that we'd had the results this year and last with a twattish character like Souness in charge. Would people be as fussed about the manager getting the boot? He got a lot of brownie points for being a decent man who conducted himself with dignity. It's still a results industry though and he failed to pick up many points this year against lower league sides, including some stinking results against our fellow promoted sides as well as Blackburn, Stoke and Wigan.

#devilsadvocate

This doesn't change objective reality.  The nature of what occurred, and how it occurred.

Serious point here. Imagine for a second that we'd had the results this year and last with a twattish character like Souness in charge. Would people be as fussed about the manager getting the boot? He got a lot of brownie points for being a decent man who conducted himself with dignity. It's still a results industry though and he failed to pick up many points this year against lower league sides, including some stinking results against our fellow promoted sides as well as Blackburn, Stoke and Wigan.

#devilsadvocate

It's the fact that we've made a sideways step and the whole thing reeks of hypocricy. It's needlessly unsettled the club in every department at a pretty crucial point in the season.

I know what you mean. How dare a newly promoted team who spent fuck all in the summer not win every single game? How dare a manager bring stability to a fucking joke of a football club? How a the manager win promotion and the league at the first time of acting? How dare a manager bring together a bunch of passionless bellends who took us down and galvanise them into a fully functioning team who had the full backing and approval of most of the support? Shocking.

I know what you mean. How dare a newly promoted team who spent fuck all in the summer not win every single game? How dare a manager bring stability to a fucking joke of a football club? How a the manager win promotion and the league at the first time of acting? How dare a manager bring together a bunch of passionless bellends who took us down and galvanise them into a fully functioning team who had the full backing and approval of most of the support? Shocking.

Agreed [/Crumpy]

#devilsadvocate

Howay Otter, a results industry it is and it doesn't matter a jot where you get the points. To even think of sacking a manager because he hasn't won a particular set of games is just ridiculous and the fact it's being peddled as a reasonable reason for the decision (not by you) is utterly moronic imo.

I don't see Moyes getting the bullet for a few results they've had that they "should have won", or Ancelotti for losing against sunderland (and being on a far worse run of form than us, which coincides with the boss losing his number two, funny that isn't it?), or Bruce for losing at Wolves or Redknapp for losing at home to Wigan or Wenger or losing against us and WBA... the list could go on and on and on. If football was played on paper, nobody would bother going. If football was played on paper, we'd be lower in the table than we are today.

We're newly promoted and the arrogance of thinking we "should" be beating anybody at all (apart from maybe Blackpool given the spanking we gave them last year, but they are doing really well too) disappoints me. We're 12th and for me that's where the discussion should begin and end.

Mike Ashley and his team of liars will try to perpetuate over the next few months that Hughton was taking regular kickings off the dregs in the league but here's a FACT cos Mike Ashley likes these. We have not lost to any one of the bottom seven and we've beaten three of them. FACT.

Serious point here. Imagine for a second that we'd had the results this year and last with a twattish character like Souness in charge. Would people be as fussed about the manager getting the boot? He got a lot of brownie points for being a decent man who conducted himself with dignity. It's still a results industry though and he failed to pick up many points this year against lower Premier League sides, including some stinking results against our fellow promoted sides as well as Blackburn, Stoke and Wigan.

#devilsadvocate

Souness was paid a fortune and given a massive transfer budget by Shepherd. How does that compare with what Hughton achieved on a very limited budget?

#devilsadvocate

Eh? Sick of that pathetic argument ffs. He has picked up points. How he does it is not a fucking concern of anyones. Who are you to say we wouldn't win the same amount of games in the next 5/6 months? If we were adrift at the bottom then this fucking ridiculous argument you idiots spout would be a fair one in favour of his dismissal.

Souness was paid a fortune and given a massive transfer budget by Shepherd. How does that compare with what Hughton achieved on a very limited budget?

It doesn't compare in any way.

#devilsadvocate

And started off with a squad that had just finished 5th rather than a ragtag bunch of Premier League failures.

#devilsadvocate

Should Everton sack David Moyes?

Im just trying to get my head round why he was sacked. As unreasonable as they are, they were grounds for ditching Hughton, the last two away games in particular were very very poor with levels of effort and application that were simply not acceptable. It's ruthless and his jettisoning is not something I agree with however.

#devilsadvocate

And started off with a squad that had just finished 5th rather than a ragtag bunch of Premier League failures.

and still had the money to spend £17m on a 25 yr old Michael Owen who would have preferred to be at Liverpool.

Im just trying to get my head round why he was sacked. As unreasonable as they are, they were grounds for ditching Hughton, the last two away games in particular were very very poor with levels of effort and application that were simply not acceptable. It's ruthless and his jettisoning is not something I agree with however.

I am absolutely sure that we would (and will) have games with very poor levels of effort and application in games under any manager you can care to mention. It's part and parcel of football, and in no way grounds to sack someone or every club would have ten managers a season.

It's like context doesn't exist.

There is no point trying to get your head round something that doesn't make any sense.

The deal for Pardew was being done at least a month before and I don't believe results had the slightest thing to do with it.

Two games is not in any way acceptable grounds for ditching any manager imo, especially Hughton with a squad as thin as ours, several key players out and no money. I think Kevin Nolan was quoted in the summer as saying "we'll take some tonkings in the Premier League."

I think he was sacked because he had grown in stature and decided wasn't prepared to be a yes-man (if he ever was, he is certainly painted as one from some quarters).

:lol: Fuck me with a rusty hammer. 5 and a fucking half years? Seriously? He's not going after a year. He's here for a while. Ashley won't pay out the fucking money to that extent to get rid of him :(

So depressed I havn't bothered reading up on the press conference or any of the news since getting home from work. Just don't want it to be real still :(

EDIT: Just remembered that no compensation clause if sacked. So it's a moot point anyway. Still can't see him going anytime soon :( :(