Alan Pardew

JH

I hope all hell does not break loose if we lose tomorrow.

It will.

It fkn shouldn't.

Depends on the manner of defeat. As usual.

Whey, true.

With the players we have out, I'm far from confident we'll get any kind of result. But if we go out there laying down and asking to be bummed, then I'll be as angry as anyone obviously. :blush:

Although it'll feel like it, losing tomorrow won't be the end of the world if it happens. We're mid-table with 28 points in the middle of January and a few wins away from securing survival and, I for one, would have accepted that in August. The bigger picture is still ok should we lose.

Compare that with Villa who would be well and truly in the shit if they lose at Brum tomorrow. 6 points in the last 2 games have eased the pressure and we should go there and give it a go. 

Although it'll feel like it, losing tomorrow won't be the end of the world if it happens. We're mid-table with 28 points in the middle of January and a few wins away from securing survival and, I for one, would have accepted that in August. The bigger picture is still ok should we lose.

Compare that with Villa who would be well and truly in the s*** if they lose at Brum tomorrow. 6 points in the last 2 games have eased the pressure and we should go there and give it a go. 

:sadnod:

Sense as always Mr Midds.

Compare that with Villa who would be well and truly in the s*** if they lose at Brum tomorrow. 6 points in the last 2 games have eased the pressure and we should go there and give it a go. 

:sadnod:

Sense as always Mr Midds.

Yup  :clap: and I also agree with Bottledog that I want to see us go there and fight for a result, the result is secondary coz I'm already expecting us to lose.

Manner of defeat is definitely the key point, if we go down fighting it will hurt but will be acceptable.

We are missing massive players but I think we have some real fighters left in there. You can point to the Stevenage result to argue against that but I just don't think the players were ever up for that, they expected a walk over and didn't plan for what happened. This is the sort of game they get up for and will really put it all on the line.

Howay the lads!

The thing with Pardew is that his contract is geared towards bonuses so he'll be wanting to get as high in the table as he can. Not like Big Sam and 'let's get to 40'. Secretly he'll be thinking he has a fantastic chance of finishing top 6 if we win tomorrow.

The danger with this kind of contract of course is that it promotes short term thinking, where getting a result today is far more important than long term planning. Either consciously or sub-consciously it can affect the decisions the manager makes and the risk he takes with players.

Will youngsters get chances in the first team in games you "should" win anyway which might make them a better player in several years time ahead of playing your experienced players week in week out to make "certain" of the win? If for example you're getting a £25k bonus for every stage you get to in cup competitions, will this affect your decisions in who to play to the possible detriment of the next league game?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Well done today Alan

I would have kept Jonas on to keep carrying the ball, but if he was injured he was injured!

Very unfortunate not to have won, I've no complaints with him today.

He did get a bit lucky on Smith getting injured though, I'm unsure as to what the result would have been if he'd played into the second half.

Hughton's lads put in a good shift for him today.

:thup: Hughton's players, Hughton's system.

No real complaints today though. I thought the Jonas sub was foolish at the time but he looked about fucked.

his one really stupid decision so far was bringing on Tiote imo.  His talking has not been at the Sourness level, but when things start to go tits up, I expect it to escalate. 

Tiote's high energy and drive should have given the attackers more freedom. Pardew wanted to progress, so took the gamble.

At the time I was wary, but if it had paid off, who knows. As soon as he was sent off though, and there is a degree of hindsight here, it ended up an absolutely dreadful decision.

Can't see us wining against the scum without Tiote in the team. :undecided:

fucks sake man, he was one yellow away from a ban, it was a dreadful decision to have him on the bench

Two tbh.

tbh, i checked the nufc website during the stevenage game and it said he was on 9. that's my story and i'm sticking to it

He did get a bit lucky on Smith getting injured though, I'm unsure as to what the result would have been if he'd played into the second half.

he got lucky with taylor being injured too

and I suppose you're not gonna mention anything about losing Carroll for quite a few games. If you're gonna include injury as a factor of luck, then at least post both sides of the story

if he take Saylor back...

and I suppose you're not gonna mention anything about losing Carroll for quite a few games. If you're gonna include injury as a factor of luck, then at least post both sides of the story

nah i'm not gonna mention carroll because it's not relevant here. he mentioned pardew being lucky because smith was injured and had to be removed, therefore someone else played instead. it's about team selection, pardew was lucky that taylor was injured because he would've picked him ahead of williamson based on nothing other than taylor's just signed a new contract, and contrary to how much better we perform as a unit when williamson plays, and that's consistent btw.