Alan Pardew

JH

This may be a minor point, but...was Jonas injured at the end? Why did Pardew sub him for Gosling? An unfit, rusty central midfielder who has been out of the game for nearly a year, thrown on out of position on the left wing. I know Jonas picked up a knock earlier on, but he looked to have recovered.

Reason I mention it is because Gosling looked like a fish-out-of-water when he lost the ball cheaply in their half in the 90th/91st minute, which started the move from which Sunderland scored. Hence, what was the need to give Gosling a run out? This wasn't a friendly, there's no need to throw on unfit players (and out of position) in the dying moments of such a tight game.

Or have I missed something here?

This may be a minor point, but...was Jonas injured at the end? Why did Pardew sub him for Gosling? An unfit, rusty central midfielder who has been out of the game for nearly a year, thrown on out of position on the left wing. I know Jonas picked up a knock earlier on, but he looked to have recovered.

Reason I mention it is because Gosling looked like a fish-out-of-water when he lost the ball cheaply in their half in the 90th/91st minute, which started the move from which Sunderland scored. Hence, what was the need to give Gosling a run out? This wasn't a friendly, there's no need to throw on unfit players (and out of position) in the dying moments of such a tight game.

You've missed the fact that Gosling's run was a similar one to Gutierrez made throughout the game (i.e. through about three players) and also missed the fact that it was quite clearly our throw in and a diabolical call from the linesman to award a Sunderland throw.

Jonas looked to me as if he was struggling with a knock. I also interpreted it in a "run the clock down" type sub.

Didn't he get criticised for substitutions he made at former clubs as well? Not sure what to make of that tbh, we've had previous managers make what look strange changes as well.

This is fucking dire. All Clem does is make jokes about him and Danny Mills being bald ffs, every fucking time.

Also, he can't talk to the camera without wobbling his head around, it's wicked funny.