Alan Pardew

JH

Ba absolutely had to go off when he did. He looked absolutely gone from the 50th minute, for whatever reason.

I can see his reasoning behind not risking Ben Arfa or Marveaux against thugs, but Sammy surely would have given us a decent outlet, which is what we desperately needed in the last 20 minutes of the game.

That said, he deserves massive credit for the first half. We were absolutely splendid. Great to watch and got the goals.

Even I can't argue with the start we've had, I take my hat off to him. It's a staggering achievement, quite frankly.

Something he really needs to sort out, however, is his attitude to taking a lead, firstly that he seems to think it's an opportunity to give the shit players a run out - it's not a fucking testimonial - and secondly that he wants to take a "backs to the wall" approach but in the total absence of any defensive cover.

If you're slinging on two more centre halves with ten minutes to go and hauling your strikers off then that's an attitude I can understand, although generally it's not one I usually agree with against most sides, but he's asking players whose natural game is to pass it around and keep the ball not to do so and even bringing on shit players who will give the ball away so we can do a bit more defending! He needs to learn that just because you're in the lead doesn't mean you have to give the other team some sort of chance to get back into it by giving them the ball as often as possible. :lol: The absolute best way to defend is to keep the ball off the other team, we've got players who can do that and we had several more on the bench and we never used them, it's bizarre.

Spurs, sunderland, WBA last season and Fulham, Wolves this season, are all games where he has sent shit players on with hardly any time to go and we've immediately looked all the worse for it and found ourselves against a deluge of pressure. Thankfully the latter pair we've had a two goal lead and just managed not to surrender it in the last five minutes but it's been very close indeed to surrendering two late goals both times.

As I say though, onwards and upwards, if he can stop this sort of bollocks making life hard for ourselves, we look like a really decent side.

Wish I'd said that, pretty much how I'm thinking.

Ben Arfa and Marveaux are being eased back so they're not injured all season.

Ben Arfa (and Santon), the point is valid but not with Marveaux imo, unless he has some serious fitness issues that we're not being told about. He might as well be injured all season if he's only going to be able to complete 90/120 minutes in the Carling Cup and can't even manage 20 in the Premier League. Very odd. ???

There's no excuse for sending Lovenkrands on ahead of Sammy either. Lovenkrands offers absolutely no attributes that you might need when defending a lead while Sammy clearly does, namely pace and the ability to push the opposition back by taking them on, even if he is inexperienced.

Some good points Wullie.

I understand what your saying about Marveaux but i think Pardew would love to play him but really doesn't want to change an unbeaten side. Ok he could have brought him off the bench today but only Pardew could explain his tactical reasons for not doing so.

Eventually we will get beat and Pardew will have more reason to mix things up abit. We will surely start picking up injuries too soon, which will make his decisions mush easier.

Even I can't argue with the start we've had, I take my hat off to him. It's a staggering achievement, quite frankly.

Something he really needs to sort out, however, is his attitude to taking a lead, firstly that he seems to think it's an opportunity to give the s*** players a run out - it's not a f***ing testimonial - and secondly that he wants to take a "backs to the wall" approach but in the total absence of any defensive cover.

If you're slinging on two more centre halves with ten minutes to go and hauling your strikers off then that's an attitude I can understand, although generally it's not one I usually agree with against most sides, but he's asking players whose natural game is to pass it around and keep the ball not to do so and even bringing on s*** players who will give the ball away so we can do a bit more defending! He needs to learn that just because you're in the lead doesn't mean you have to give the other team some sort of chance to get back into it by giving them the ball as often as possible. :lol: The absolute best way to defend is to keep the ball off the other team, we've got players who can do that and we had several more on the bench and we never used them, it's bizarre.

Spurs, sunderland, WBA last season and Fulham, Wolves this season, are all games where he has sent s*** players on with hardly any time to go and we've immediately looked all the worse for it and found ourselves against a deluge of pressure. Thankfully the latter pair we've had a two goal lead and just managed not to surrender it in the last five minutes but it's been very close indeed to surrendering two late goals both times.

As I say though, onwards and upwards, if he can stop this sort of bollocks making life hard for ourselves, we look like a really decent side.

:thup: :thup: Absolutely!

Something he really needs to sort out, however, is his attitude to taking a lead, firstly that he seems to think it's an opportunity to give the s*** players a run out - it's not a f***ing testimonial - and secondly that he wants to take a "backs to the wall" approach but in the total absence of any defensive cover.

If you're slinging on two more centre halves with ten minutes to go and hauling your strikers off then that's an attitude I can understand, although generally it's not one I usually agree with against most sides, but he's asking players whose natural game is to pass it around and keep the ball not to do so and even bringing on s*** players who will give the ball away so we can do a bit more defending! He needs to learn that just because you're in the lead doesn't mean you have to give the other team some sort of chance to get back into it by giving them the ball as often as possible. :lol: The absolute best way to defend is to keep the ball off the other team, we've got players who can do that and we had several more on the bench and we never used them, it's bizarre.

Spurs, sunderland, WBA last season and Fulham, Wolves this season, are all games where he has sent s*** players on with hardly any time to go and we've immediately looked all the worse for it and found ourselves against a deluge of pressure. Thankfully the latter pair we've had a two goal lead and just managed not to surrender it in the last five minutes but it's been very close indeed to surrendering two late goals both times.

O0

Whingeing aside we are 3rd in the premier. Fucking 3rd. How blase are we getting that moving up another place in the CL positions has almost got dismissed because we are pissed at the performance :lol:

Unbelievable start to the season, and Pardew has been fantastic.

Some people must really be having a hard time enjoying it so far, and it stinks for them, but that's what you get when you are so fucking negative before a ball is kicked and you are too sure everything at the club is bad, because it's not being done exactly to your "perfect" ideas.

Having a blast so far with how promising everything has started, and this team will only get better. No where near achieving full potential yet.

I think this is a real test of his managerial ability right now. A great manager will make a few changes for the next game, including Santon for Raylor and Marveaux or HBA for Obertan, he could also drop one of Ba or Best for HBA, but that decision could go either way as both those players have been magnificent in the last few games.

I would say a great manager should get the results with the formation he thinks is the most appropriate to the team. I don't care if he did the same "mistakes" if we get the 3 points next game.

Meh, an extremely good league position doesn't and shouldn't give him a free pass when he does fuck up and we have to ride our luck.

Exactly. Allardyce-tastic to just look at results and not be able to criticise where necessary.

Pardew himself has openly admitted we were very lucky today and Wolves deserved at least a point. But we won, I guess he should shut the fuck up.

Meh, an extremely good league position doesn't and shouldn't give him a free pass when he does fuck up and we have to ride our luck.

Exactly. Allardyce-tastic to just look at results and not be able to criticise where necessary.

Pardew himself has openly admitted we were very lucky today and Wolves deserved at least a point. But we won, I guess he should shut the fuck up.

:lol:

Meh, an extremely good league position doesn't and shouldn't give him a free pass when he does f*** up and we have to ride our luck.

Pardew himself has openly admitted we were very lucky today and Wolves deserved at least a point. But we won, I guess he should shut the f*** up.

This whole thing about giving LoveK a 'run out' was almost suicidal today.

Needed to pack the mf and get possesion back.

Well summarised.

Not sure if playing 5 in midfield would of helped that much today as it was being bypassed for most of the game...

Well summarised.

Not sure if playing 5 in midfield would of helped that much today as it was being bypassed for most of the game...

???

Well summarised.

NO mate they were running straight through the middle of our mf who were a spent force with 20min to go.

Bringing LoveK on was like we consulted with Wolves first on whom the worst player to bring on would be.