Alan Pardew

JH

:dontknow:

He's never been particularly prolific.

But every single NUFC post he has made has been negative. I didn't want to turn this into a character assasination, probably shouldn't have mentioned it in the first place. I don't think he's the only on here, IMO some people are so blinded by their hatred for Pardew and Ashley that they seem to not want to enjoy the team doing well.

Well I disagree, that's why I've asked you to name the people you're thinking of. The two who I can think of that have been accused of this in the past have arguably posted more in the last few weeks than they had before, or at least as much.

Who's that?

He has done a fantastic job, although the next PL game will show us a thing or two. I'm obviously thinking of Obertan, which now HAS to be benched for Marveaux. He has had some very poor matches in a row now, and Marveaux has done is job whenever called upon in very little game time. I guess you can't blame Pardew for not benching Simpson or Raylor due to them not being that shit, in comparison to Obertan.

Wullie and Mick.

I've kept out of here because I can't work out if he's better than I expected or just really lucky.  I was about to come in here during the Wolves game and praise him and then he almost lost us the points with his substitutions.  Bringing Shola on against Spurs was a poor decision at the time but it worked so I'll wait before I decide what I think of him.

I'm sure we'll all find out what you think of him before or after the Chelsea game. Looking forward to it. :thup:

I'll not base what I think of him on the Man U, Man City and Chelsea games, probably the two or three after that.

Aye, I'm finally warming to him, I still think he's a bit of a prick but as a manager he's doing phenomenally well and I can't help but commend him.

Subs-wise he was spot on for a change yesterday imo, well almost.  Best had been ineffectual and we all wanted to see Ben Arfa play more than 20 minutes, Ba looked knackered and Shola had done enough in the last game to play a decent chunk, Marveaux for Obertan was a no-brainer but could have probably been actioned a touch sooner.  He's doing a great job at the minute, it has to be said.  19 points from 9 games is unreal.

No hatred for Pardew here, only praise. I don't agree with his selection policy but that's just my point of view, he appears to be the expert at man management and so long as the squad is happy and we're winning games I will bow to his superior knowledge. I also am thoroughly enjoying the fact that we have probably the most motivated manager in the league, as he's working his ass off to repay his gambling debts :D

Am still a big Ashley hater though, guy is a billionaire that won't put money into the club, other than the money used to acquire it.

Someone posted a while back about how Pardew is constantly praising the players from the touchline, "nice one Shola, now get back". "Well in Cheick, great tackle" etc etc. Sounds basic as fuck but i'm noticing it more and more. I really like that sort of approach, looks like the players do too.

I love how he spends the whole game on the edge of the technical area and is totally involved. He definitely isn't one of those managers who think their job is over when the players run out on a matchday.

He does stray outside the technical area from time to time though, something he needs to work on.

Someone posted a while back about how Pardew is constantly praising the players from the touchline, "nice one Shola, now get back". "Well in Cheick, great tackle" etc etc. Sounds basic as f*** but i'm noticing it more and more. I really like that sort of approach, looks like the players do too.

"FUCKING SUPERB"

Wullie and Mick.

I've kept out of here because I can't work out if he's better than I expected or just really lucky.  I was about to come in here during the Wolves game and praise him and then he almost lost us the points with his substitutions.  Bringing Shola on against Spurs was a poor decision at the time but it worked so I'll wait before I decide what I think of him.

What? Translation: bringing Shola on was a good decision. :rolleyes:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Someone posted a while back about how Pardew is constantly praising the players from the touchline, "nice one Shola, now get back". "Well in Cheick, great tackle" etc etc. Sounds basic as f*** but i'm noticing it more and more. I really like that sort of approach, looks like the players do too.

"FUCKING SUPERB"

"THEY CAN'T DEAL WITH YOU"

No hatred for Pardew here, only praise. I don't agree with his selection policy but that's just my point of view, he appears to be the expert at man management and so long as the squad is happy and we're winning games I will bow to his superior knowledge. I also am thoroughly enjoying the fact that we have probably the most motivated manager in the league, as he's working his ass off to repay his gambling debts :D

Am still a big Ashley hater though, guy is a billionaire that won't put money into the club, other than the money used to acquire it.

You are welcome to hate Ashley by all means, but get your facts straight before you come out with stuff like that. He acquired the club for about £140 million and at the last count had put approx another £140 million in over and above the acquisition price.

I love how he spends the whole game on the edge of the technical area and is totally involved. He definitely isn't one of those managers who think their job is over when the players run out on a matchday.

He does stray outside the technical area from time to time though, something he needs to work on.

I'd love it if that was something he actually was putting hours in on the training pitch trying to rectify. :lol:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1b/Dougal-_cornerflag.jpg

I'd love it if that was something he actually was putting hours in on the training pitch trying to rectify. :lol:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1b/Dougal-_cornerflag.jpg

:laugh:

Was very impressed by Pardew on Saturday, I have to say. He really tries to manage every little detail of the match. He even told Krul to not to get too far off his line when we had a corner for example, just like a Sunday League manager would do it. :lol:

Also, I like it that he basically stands in his coaching zone the whole game and never sits still.

Pardew laments 'horrible' end to unbeaten run

by Lee Ryder, Evening ChronicleOct 27 2011

ALAN PARDEW refused to lay into his Newcastle United troops after they experienced a “horrible” turn of events at Ewood Park.

Pardew was in a state of disbelief during his post-match media duties after Gael Givet’s winning goal came in the last minute of extra time to send a dagger through Geordie hearts and end hopes of Carling Cup glory this season.

The defeat was United’s first in 15 first-team games in a run stretching back to May.

United were denied two penalties by rookie referee Robert Madley in normal time and were left seething when Tim Krul was adjudged to have felled Ruben Rochina in one of the game’s key moments.

Sylvain Marveaux thought he should have had a spot-kick when he fired against Martin Olsson’s hands before Chris Samba upended Demba Ba.

Pardew stayed cool after the game, but told the Chronicle: “I thought Demba Ba was pulled down just before they got a penalty.

“Blackburn might feel unlucky to have gone to extra time.

“But then again I thought that they were very lucky to be 2-0 up, very fortunate. If we’d have got to 1-1, which I think we should have, it was a different game. We’d have been on the front foot.

“On our tape, Tim played the ball so it wasn’t even a penalty to put them 2-0 up.

“You can’t win every game and

this was an example of when events turn against you.

“They turned against us last night in a horrible way at times.”

Pardew, though, conceded that his side started slowly after being forced into changes with Steven Taylor, Cheick Tiote and Shola Ameobi all ruled out with injury.

But he was delighted with the way the Magpies somehow forced extra-time with two goals in stoppage-time amidst scenes of joy and disbelief for the travelling United faithful.

The Toon boss reflected: “I didn’t think we played the first half as well as we could have. I thought we lacked a little bit of urgency and didn’t get at them.

“We had plenty of possession but we were not really hurting them.

“We got better as the game went on. But the second half of extra time we were brilliant and by far the better side. How we have come away losing that game is beyond me, if I’m honest.”

With the game locked at 2-2, United fought back for a third time after Morten Gamst Pedersen’s free-kick put Rovers ahead once more, Peter Lovenkrands winning a penalty and converting from the spot to equalise.

But Givet’s goal won it for the hosts.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/10/27/pardew-laments-horrible-end-to-unbeaten-run-72703-29670104/#ixzz1bz0Jd1ry

You are welcome to hate Ashley by all means, but get your facts straight before you come out with stuff like that. He acquired the club for about £140 million and at the last count had put approx another £140 million in over and above the acquisition price.

Go ahead and  break that down in a manner that shows he is not responsible for every single extra penny he put in over the acquistion price.

You think he's a bastard for lack of gifting his own money to the club? Entitled much? Owners in long term come and go, and reliant on individuals to fund club is a bad idea should they lose interest. Personally apart from unwilling to refund the Carroll money back into players and pretending he was going to, financially Ashley has been alright. I want our club to be on solid ground so that should he go personally bankrupt we operate in profit healthily etc. When it comes to decisions to do with the football Ashley has often been completely fucking useless. He's basically the opposite of Kenwright at Everton, he's got the money and put us in a solid position financially, but has got the caretaking of the football untill recently wrong.

Pardew has been fine so far and would like it if he stayed long enough to get a real project going. One of the incentives to attracting players here should be that we're on the up with a proper project going. I don't trust Ashley to not fuck that right up.