Alan Pardew

JH

David Craig reckons the bookies are wide of the mark with the early favorites. Make of that clown what you will.

What does that even mean? Unless he's the fucking oracle then he wouldn't know. Not as if you can believe anything coming from inside St. James.

My mate that i go to the match with sent me a text this afternoon saying that if Pardew is the next manager then he wont go any more, we have had season tickets for the last 11 years and go to plenty of away games and I’m starting to think along the same lines.

I honestly didn’t think that there was anything that would make me want to stay away on a match day, I wasn’t put off by relegation like many. Fat Sam’s horrible brand of Football didn’t invoke feeling of dismay, just displeasure. Joe Kinnear at least gave us a few laughs before almost popping his clogs. Bloody hell even Dennis Wise and the cockney mafia didn’t put me off but Christ on a f**king stick Alan Pardew!?!?!?!?!

It doesn’t make any f**king sense man, just think of the managers that have come before him if he is appointed.

Hughton - a fine up and coming manager, still had a lot to learn but for what he had he was achieving more then any of us on this forum or anyone on the planet for that matter thought was possible.

Keegan - A legend at this club as both a player and a manager, he was made to look a fool by the board and made himself look stupid in the process but it was an appointment that everyone backed.

Fat Sam – No ones favorite manager but came here with a decent reputation for what he achieved at Bolton but didn’t manage to take the step up to match our expectations.

Souness – see above although was in the process of taking Blackburn down when we brought him in.

Sir Bobby – I don’t think I even need to say anything here. The legend that is Bobby Robson will be remembered forever more by the fans of this club for what he brought to us.

Dalglish and Gullit – Both came in and had achieved things with there previous clubs but didn’t manage it with us.

Keegan – the first time round he will be remembered as fondly as bobby.

I could go further back and talk about managers that didn’t do well like Ardiles, Jim Smith or Gordon Lee or I could talk about the Joe Harvey’s and Stan Seymore’s of this world and no matter which one I pick out I honestly, and this is the god honest truth struggle to think that if I was offered Pardew or any of or pervious managers no matter which one, even the worst managers we have had who I would actually pick because for me Pardew is on a par with the worst managers I can think of and I know I have missed out certain managers from our recent past but they don’t really matter.

I as a Newcastle Supporter, (I’m not a fan my obsession with this football club runs far deeper then being a general fan, I would class my self as a fan of Oasis or Led Zeplin, I would class myself as a fan as Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair but when it comes to the Toon I breath the life of our club and to think that something or some one makes me even contemplate staying away is upsetting to say the least) will always be truly grateful to Chris Hughton for the last 18 month as he has being nothing but honorable and treat the club and the fans with respect.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Season ticket at Gateshead is around £200, imagine their faces if a few thousand disgruntled Geordies took up arms for the Heed Army.  :smitten:

David Craig reckons the bookies are wide of the mark with the early favorites. Make of that clown what you will.

What does that even mean? Unless he's the f***ing oracle then he wouldn't know. Not as if you can believe anything coming from inside St. James.

Ashley seems to use him as a mouthpiece so I wouldn't just dismiss the things he says.

What does that even mean? Unless he's the f***ing oracle then he wouldn't know. Not as if you can believe anything coming from inside St. James.

Ashley seems to use him as a mouthpiece so I wouldn't just dismiss the things he says.

I just don't get it though.. so they're not willing to pay compensation for a manager, so that means no-one currently in a job, and the bookies favourites are 'wide of the mark'. Who the fuck is left? Bearing in mind they need 'managerial experience'. Interesting how Chris didn't need this experience when he walked the championship and got a 2 year contract. Should have given him a 1 year if they felt like that.

Getting a straight answer or statement is like blood out of a stone with these cunts.

Saw him on the tele the couples of week back on some PL channel and he was on so much shit I wanted to slap him. i'd be embarrassed if we appointed him,b ut if he does we have no other choice to either support him or just let the club be (protesting will only make it worse). Right now im leaning on the latter just get on with my life without spending time on trying to watch this team play since it will only bring misery anyways.

I just don't get it though.. so they're not willing to pay compensation for a manager, so that means no-one currently in a job, and the bookies favourites are 'wide of the mark'. Who the fuck is left? Bearing in mind they need 'managerial experience'. Interesting how Chris didn't need this experience when he walked the championship and got a 2 year contract. Should have given him a 1 year if they felt like that.

Getting a straight answer or statement is like blood out of a stone with these cunts.

jfk

Guest MrSundlofer

It would actually be strange if Pardew will be our new manager. He's been managing Reading and West Ham, and have had two bad spells at Charlton and Southampton. He was sacked from a club in League One and Ashley want him? He's also 3 years younger than Hughton. Experienced?  To be honest, the more I think about it, I think it's spot in - Ashley is bringing him in.

I just don't get it though.. so they're not willing to pay compensation for a manager, so that means no-one currently in a job, and the bookies favourites are 'wide of the mark'. Who the f*** is left? Bearing in mind they need 'managerial experience'. Interesting how Chris didn't need this experience when he walked the championship and got a 2 year contract. Should have given him a 1 year if they felt like that.

Getting a straight answer or statement is like blood out of a stone with these c***s.

We'll never be able to guess what his thinking or logic is. Wasn't there part of a statement saying they would only release news through Sky and the official site and not to believe news from any other sources?

I get the impression though he's pretty pally with David Craig. He always seems to be about with 'breaking news' when somethings going on. Getting personal emails and bacon sarnies on dealine day. I wouldn't discount what he says.

I do not want him to be our manager one bit but the fans can't get on his back from the off, what's the point? Do people actually want us relegated?

I know someone will come back with "he will relegate us anyway" and to be honest they will probably be right but getting on his back is only going to make it an absolute certainty.

Support the team, support the club. You don't have to support the manager but "making your feelings known" is stupidly counter productive to the team you "support" having any sort of a chance.

If only it was that easy though, emotions are running quite high at the moment and it's understandable for people feeling the way they do towards the imminent appointment of Pardew.