Alan Pardew

JH

Fucking hell we'll go back to buying some right dross if Pardew does get money to spend.

Hughton clearly had an eye for a player with the likes of Tiote and Ben Arfa.

That was all down to Graham Carr tbf.

I can't believe this is all going on. Really liked Chris. I've been trying to find some silver lining here, and this is all I've come up with - anyone think Ashley might be more willing to spend money if he is friends with Pardew? Probably not, just looking for the bright side.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mackems:

Exactly - it's probably more likely that he will ask for no money and allow Ashley to cash in on any of the players a decent offer comes in for.  He'll just be glad to be getting a regular wage for the first time in years.

I do not want him to be our manager one bit but the fans can't get on his back from the off, what's the point? Do people actually want us relegated?

I know someone will come back with "he will relegate us anyway" and to be honest they will probably be right but getting on his back is only going to make it an absolute certainty.

Support the team, support the club. You don't have to support the manager but "making your feelings known" is stupidly counter productive to the team you "support" having any sort of a chance.

:thup:

Won't stop some people though.

Like you with Chris Hughton you mean?

Grow up man.

Well? You've never given him a chance even when he pissed the league he was asked to get us out of.

I'll give anyone a chance. I gave Kinnear a chance. And Allardyce. And Souness. But like with those 3, my expectations will be pretty low and he'll get f*** all leeway.

That's what Ashley exactly wants, giving the new manager a chance.

I'll give anyone a chance. I gave Kinnear a chance. And Allardyce. And Souness. But like with those 3, my expectations will be pretty low and he'll get f*** all leeway.

Aye exactly.

f***ing hell we'll go back to buying some right dross if Pardew does get money to spend.

Didn't Hughton say he had been watching Tiote for a good few years, since he was playing in Belgium?

That was long before Carr arrived.

But why wouldn't I? I'm not doing what Ashley wants, I'm doing what's best for Newcastle. I've no time for fat Mike, but I'm pro-Newcastle far more than I'm anti-Ashley.

Some people are going to turn into mackems soon, hating the opposition more than supporting their club. It's fucking retarded.

My big fear would be an implosion in team spirit. Are the influential players at the club going to respect or be inspired by him? Will they continue to play for the shirt and the fans? When they have apparently been so close to Chris? That’s the kind of thing I’m asking myself, and it’s difficult to say until I see them play. But it’s been a really tight knit group and spirit has carried us a long way, making up for a lack of quality, as well as investment from Ashley. I’m not confident we can survive the upheaval. Things are so close in the league this year. However, the bottom line is we’ll never get a top manager under Ashley.

It seems like yesterday that Pards was part of a group of young managers that had read the book Moneyball and they were all going to be the future of English football. Fast Forward a few years & the following  Aidy Boothroyd,Iain Dowie, Alan Pardew & Phil Parkinson, have overall failed.

f***ing hell we'll go back to buying some right dross if Pardew does get money to spend.

Didn't Hughton say he had been watching Tiote for a good few years, since he was playing in Belgium?

That was long before Carr arrived.

Yes he did since he was sent on a scouting mission by Keegan.

It doesn't matter whether our next manager gets support from fans, the players, or anyone. Ashley will continue to do whatever he wants regardless. Not welcoming Pardew (or any other manager) is a pointless exercise. It's not going to make Ashley spend in the transfer market or stop making stupid decisions. It will only make things harder for the manager and the players.