Alan Pardew

JH

Loving the silver fox like.

Got it bang on the money today. Some nice passing and composure from the players - it was a very disciplined display I thought. Today was a brilliant follow up to our win against WBA. I'm liking the signs.

Have you ever seen................so much style?

Even before Pards opens his mouth, his suit bespoke.

Guru.

I bet you think you're a right Pardew when you're in court, don't ya?

Frankly, yes.

I've even copied his haircut.

:notbad:

Thread is getting a bit gay now, can we talk about his tactics?

Is he our best looking manager though, Hughton was pretty hot but that spot really took some gloss off for me.

Guest BooBoo

That spot was fucking huge.

To be fair though, Hughton oozed style on the day of the 5-1. Loved the suit and jumper combo.

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/people3/jan2012/7/4/pics-image-4-135036102.jpg

Still can't get over how suave and debonair the silver fox is in this. Also, note Woody(?) in the background for a classic sinister gusta stare.

Guest BooBoo

I love the guy in the back of that picture. "Inside the mind of a rapist - Thursday, 10PM on Channel 4".

To me, he looks more mischievous than dirty. He looks like he's just put a whoopy cushion on someone's chair and is tickled by the thought of the imminent embarrassing rasp.

I just hope how well we've done this season, and Chelsea & Liverpool's shitness doesn't give us unrealistic expectations next season if say, we're 10 points down on this tally and around 7th-8th, because I think they will improve inevitably.

Agree with this like.

Guest Shaun

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/people3/jan2012/7/4/pics-image-4-135036102.jpg

Still can't get over how suave and debonair the silver fox is in this. Also, note Woody(?) in the background for a classic sinister gusta stare.

Holy shit.  :spit:

fair play to pards, questions were being asked and he's answering the fuckers :thup:

what did people think of the obvious tactical decision to run the game down the left in the second half?  i found it interesting, presumably the intention was to compress the play down there with their RB on a yellow and then switch to hba in plently of space...while the switching wasn't as frequent as you'd expect it did result in a goal one of the few times they moved it over to him

assuming that was a very conscious tactical move it was pretty astute, so again :thup:

Pardew attributed Cissé's excellent performance to diet. The striker's two goals here took his Premier League total to seven since his debut in February – two more than Carroll has managed in the league in 14 months at Liverpool. "We had Africa day at the training ground on Friday," Pardew said. "We made him feel at home by having curried goat for lunch. It was lovely."

:lol:

Sounds like such a great place to play football at the moment. Love the squad, love the manager, love the fans, love the club. Christ I could even come round to the owner if he keeps losing weight.

Hatem's A Hero For Pardew

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Alan Pardew believes he could now play Hatem Ben Arfa anywhere in Newcastle United's side, revealing 'the penny has dropped' with the French forward.

Ben Arfa has been outstanding in recent weeks as the Magpies have recorded three successive victories over Norwich, West Bromwich Albion and Liverpool.

Against the Reds on Sunday, the former Marseille man was instrumental in a 2-0 win, constantly tormenting the visitors' defence and having a hand in both of Papiss Cisse's goals.

And Pardew explained that Ben Arfa - who has had to be patient for a regular run in the starting line-up - is now fully adapted to life in the Premier League.

"I am very pleased. When you have a player who has a special talent, sometimes they look at you as a manager and they want to play," said the boss.

"He wasn't fit. He had worked really, really hard, but he wasn't actually match-fit. He was fit, but not match-fit, not really sure of how we played and in the Premier League, the transition of play, where he should be and where he shouldn't be.

"He has taken on board and he has listened to me and he as listened to my staff and he has been very, very diligent.

"I was quite confident that the penny would drop. I know it's an old-fashioned cliche, but I think it probably has with Hatem.

"Now I could actually put him anywhere on the pitch and he would know what to do."

And with Euro 2012 on the horizon, Pardew believes Les Bleus could do a lot worse than taking a look at the eight-times-capped forward for their squad.

"That's why nothing would give me more pleasure than for him to make the French squad, and I think he can," said Pardew.

"He has got some individual ability that I would be very surprised if France has that in the squad in terms of what he can do to a team.

"Even if he was to be taken as an impact player, he's got a great opportunity and he is in great shape."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120402/hatems-a-hero-for-pardew_2281670_2709498

Guest Dontooner

Just watch the game on replay, great game, credit due to Pardew where the flair players are doing 10 times better. Well much of its recent improvements was Ben Arfa being introduce into to the team, there seems to be a game plan now when on the counter and Cabaye being used to great effect during yesterdays game. A tad unfortunate for Guthrie with the injury i thought he and tiote pass the ball very well in the middle of the park. It seems this 4-3-3 with will work out very well, if this is the Brand of football Pardew is envisioning credit to him, he is much better than i thought but he has to continue to allow positive football. We have good players and they are great with the ball at thier feet , let them play and dont be afraid.