Alan Pardew

JH

:clap:

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew after the 2-0 win over Bolton:

"It was a special, special goal from Ben Arfa and we needed that today. He can make the difference in tight games and not many players are blessed with the talent he has. It was a fantastic goal. He did it in the FA Cup against Blackburn this year. He will probably get the coverage he deserves for that goal. His goal, his performance and his workrate were magnificent."

Got his tactics wrong in the first half, but made some good substitutes and got it right in the end. Plus he's cool as fuck. Love him as our manager, love the father-son shit he's got going on with Hatem too. :smitten:

Cocked up by getting rid of the 4-3-3 IMO, if were going hit it long at points during a 4-4-2 Shola may as well play more.

Made the right decision to bring Shola on in that respect.

True enough. Ball only really started to stick once Shola came on.

That's Shola's limit, though, in terms of minutes.

I agree to an extent but Ba today was poor.  Against Stoke I'd like to see the 4-3-3 back or if not maybe start Shola at least for his defence at set pieces.

I do still have massive reservations and Shola playing 90 mins and I don't want to criticise Pardew much because I still think he's quality.  Just have to hope Ba's attitude improves at bit.

First time that I felt Pardew really won us the game. 1st half was absolute dogshite, 2nd half much much better. Needed some individual brilliance but Ferguson for Perch and then ameobi for Ba was a shrewd piece of coaching. Well done!!!!!

Ba's attitude is absolutely fine.

The last two games suggest otherwise. I hope it's all frustration and not him being a bad-egg.

I haven't given up on him mind.

Ba's attitude is absolutely fine.

The last two games suggest otherwise. I hope it's all frustration and not him being a bad-egg.

I haven't given up on him mind.

Hes not happy to be on the bench, nothing more nothing less.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Brilliant fucking man and manager. Get the fuck in. 

This is funny for me to read after what people some people (not you) were saying prior to the Norwich match. He was getting lots of undeserved stick. I remember complaining a lot about what some fans were saying. All changed now though.

Thought he set us up all wrong today and was saved by a moment of pure genius. Not gonna lay into him though - five wins on the bounce. Plus he made some good substitutions which closed the game out for us.

This, can't think of one reason we went 4-4-2, we didn't create a single chance until Ben Arfa scored by himself and they had to come out a bit.

Great run, encouraging signs of late but a bit of a worry today imo, can't help thinking he was trying to be too clever today.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nearly 1,000 pages on Alan Pardew.  :lol:

Worked hard like. Expanded the video analysis team when he arrived.