Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

comments from the Brum fans are interesting, slow but good at crossing is what he appears to be which to an extent suits our style. Look what happened when Barton got suspended, or even against Spurs where he couldn't pass to save his life. Need more creative bodies in midfield and at the price talked about, can't complain too much. Still need a striker desperately like, and a competent replacement at left back for Jose.

the white Geremi then?

Except with some sort of effort - also can't be as slow as Geremi shirley?

No problems with him as a player but can't seriously believe anyone could advocate anything else but Joey Barton on the right hand side. If Pardew moves him, like he did on Saturday to suicidal effect, he wants his arse kicking.

Barton's done well on the right but he's still a central midfielder by trade. I wouldn't want to rely on him being seen as the permanent solution for the right side.

No problems with him as a player but can't seriously believe anyone could advocate anything else but Joey Barton on the right hand side. If Pardew moves him, like he did on Saturday to suicidal effect, he wants his arse kicking.

:thup:

Wonder how effective Larsson is in the middle? Everyone says he's a decent passer.

Barton has been great out wide, but that doesn't mean to say he won't be good back in the centre with a decent outlet on the right. Barton's influence from the right really only tells one side of the story, the other side shows the quality we lack there.

Guest VegasToon

I like this transfer.  Does he get in the starting 11 if everyone is healthy?  No, but we need depth and he will provide much better options for cover than Gutherie or Smith.

Barton starting on the right: P7 W6 D0 L1 - 1 goal, 4 assists

Barton starting not on the right: P11 W2 D2 L7 - 2 goals, 2 assists

I know Tiote plays a big part in that of course, but the facts speak for themselves.

Hmm, lets sign a winger and play him at CM and play a CM on the wing. Actually sounds like a plan :lol:

Sounds a bit twisted, but if Barton cannot adapt to the middle role (which i'm sure he can and will be better than we've seen from him so far) then this could possibly be an option.

Who knows, Barton may want to go back to the middle, he might just see the wide role as temp and has asked the manager to come back inside.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Another option as far as I am concerned

We would have a midfield of ( in order of importance/ability IMHO )

Tiote

Barton

Nolan

Guti

Larsson

Gosling

Routledge

Guthrie

Smith

Only issue for me is lack of pace

I know Tiote plays a big part in that of course, but the facts speak for themselves.

bloody hell, some good stats them, keep barton on the right next season and we've won the league, fact.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Good stat dave

Barton stays on the right :)

Dont know if it have been said, but Larsson's father told a Swedish newspaper earlier today that they are talking to Newcastle and two other PL clubs.

Three others actually.

He also says that the three other clubs have not had a bid accepted by Birmingham, but we have. He expects Sebs future to be decided this week, either if he stays the reminder of the contract or if he leaves.

Larsson in the middle it is :lol: