Competition: Ziani chooses El-Jaisch (rich as f*ck Qatari club)

Optimistic Nut

Our scouts have picked us out a couple of gems recently, even if Ben Arfa was quite well known. The club have made a couple of good deals too, to get Tiote and Ben Arfa for around 8m is fairly remarkable.

It suprises me that this guy is 28 (if that's true) because it goes against our supposed "sell on value" idea. This may be because we are getting him on the cheap (if we get him).

It's a good thing that i have a little confidence in us to bring in some decent players.

At least he's fearless, Dzeko's huge! No way I'd be starting on him.

http://www.les-transferts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ziani-dzeko-3.jpg

looks like he tried to run away when dzeko got serious and took of his vest.

At least he's fearless, Dzeko's huge! No way I'd be starting on him.

http://www.les-transferts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/ziani-dzeko-3.jpg

looks like he tried to run away when dzeko got serious and took of his vest.

Playing with his life if he does that with Barton, Tiote or Carroll.  :lol:

He looks a lot like Routledge.

fast midget who can't cross or shoot.

I've only seen the Youtube clip and while it doesn't prove much he does look like quite a clever player and fairly tough for his size. Reading what Colocho who's seen a fair bit of him said on the previous page I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him. Might turn out to be a real star in the prem.

Can play on the right but prefers playing CM - sounds like a potential Barton replacement.

Or possibly Ziani in the hole, Nolan in the middle and Barton on the right?

That said, all this right midfield talk is giving me the willies - AP, please keep Barton out wide!

Can play on the right but prefers playing CM - sounds like a potential Barton replacement.

My concern as well. Would have Barton over him hands down.

Wouldn't mind seeing Barton in the middle with Ziani out wide. Barton could still pull wide at times.

..reports in Germany continue to link United with Algeria midfielder Karim Ziani.

It certainly appears as if the Wolfsburg man has been offered to Newcastle but the club continued to play down that link yesterday evening. The official line is that he is not a priority target of Pardew, who is keen to add width and pace to his squad.

Pardew is refusing to panic in the January window, but the Chronicle understands that United are not in the hunt for Algerian winger Karim Ziana.

sic

..reports in Germany continue to link United with Algeria midfielder Karim Ziani.

It certainly appears as if the Wolfsburg man has been offered to Newcastle but the club continued to play down that link yesterday evening. The official line is that he is not a priority target of Pardew, who is keen to add width and pace to his squad.

Pardew is refusing to panic in the January window, but the Chronicle understands that United are not in the hunt for Algerian winger Karim Ziana.

sic

Yet we went for Larsson?

Just checked his wiki, cost Wolfsberg 10m from Marseille 15 months ago, just featured in 15 league games, no goals.

Is he really good?  Any serious injury last year?  I am not feeling well about this transfer.

2 mill depending on if we get to europe, warra bunch of spackers

Suppose if you're them, looking at the name Newcastle United, up in 8th in January, they might just get fooled. Still funny though!

tbf to them its not impossible for us to get into europe, half the league could nab one of the spots considering how tight it is, its just rather improbable

Surely that kind of clause wouldn't expire at the end of the season either.  It'll probably be for the length of the players contract.