Sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/01/11 - post match reaction from page 41

Dave

There was definitely a magpie on the pitch and it was hopping around, which is weird as surely it would have flown off if it could. I have to admit I wondered the same thing as LT, but there's a big difference in me wondering it and her printing it as fact in a national newspaper. Having said that, why else would a magpie be on the pitch and not fly away? The kind of person who'd catch a bird and take it to a footy match, has to be a bit f***ed in the head and if they clipped it's wings then I hope they get locked the f*** up.

I did notice it was able to get off the ground a bit, but even when the ball was near it just scampered away. More than likely did have clipped wings, unfortunately.

Ah well I'm sure one of the local groundstaff'll nurse it back to health, or eat it

I wonder what Bruce's victory song was going to be?  Was almost looking forward to hearing what half-witted, contrived shite they'd come up with to get back at us for hurting his feelings last year :rolleyes:

Anti-Flag - Turncoat

I wonder what Bruce's victory song was going to be?  Was almost looking forward to hearing what half-witted, contrived shite they'd come up with to get back at us for hurting his feelings last year :rolleyes:

The opening of the match, he seemed to forget it was the Wear-Tyne derby and thought it was The Apprentice.

The magpie was there at the start of the match too, it was actually at the Sunderland end from when we first spotted it, their two stupid fucking cats tried chasing off the pitch, it then reappeared in the second half closer to the toon fans.

Guest johnson293

I'm surprised they didn't still play it.

After the way he reacted to the goal, you'd think they had won it!

Wonder if he'll be in The Diamond thonight??

I remember sitting and theorising about it with the bloke behind me during one particularly dull game a few years ago (the one with the paper aeroplanes, unsurprisingly I forget who the opponents were that day.. West Ham maybe).

Crystal Palace :D

Sounds pretty dodgy, this magpie thing, but I've seen pigeons sitting around for entire games at SJP without feeling the need to fly away.  I remember sitting and theorising about it with the bloke behind me during one particularly dull game a few years ago (the one with the paper aeroplanes, unsurprisingly I forget who the opponents were that day.. West Ham maybe).

Clearly Chris Hughton's animagus.

Guest neesy111

Deserved to win after dominating the 2nd half.  Thought harper could of done better on the shot, but what a flukey goal by those twats.

Coloccini MOTM, followed closely by Jose, Barton, Nolan and Shola.

Howard Webb is a dreadful referee as well.

Sunderland fans shocking cunts as well.

Guest palnese

@elgalgojonas jonas gutierrez

Good afternoon, in the coach going to newcastle, sad with the result, we lost 2 points.

1 minute ago

made me laugh for some reason :lol:

Guest neesy111

Also would like to say their was a pocket of Newcastle in London today.  Three kings where over a 100 NUFC fans outnumbered around 6 SAFC fans.

Guest neesy111

The players can hold their heads high today, IMO. They all put the shift in that many of us believed was beyond them. :thup:

Just said something similar on Facebook, thought Smith did well before he went off.

Good afternoon, in the coach going to newcastle, sad with the result, we lost 2 points.

1 minute ago

Me too. :lol: So polite.

:lol: "Good afternoon, this is your massively erratic basketcase of a left winger speaking..."

1 minute ago

Me too. :lol: So polite.

:lol: "Good afternoon, this is your massively erratic basketcase of a left winger speaking..."

;D