Sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 16/01/11 - post match reaction from page 41

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You can't take a bottle of coke into the match man, how has someone taken a live bird in?  If you wanted to catch a specific breed of bird for a certain date, how would you go about it, have a quick think and consider if you think you'd be able to catch one and keep it alive until the moment you wanted to chuck it on the pitch.

Erm, one of them managed to get a kitchen knife in.

Have you never seen a magician pull a dove from some orifice or other?

You make it sound like magpies are rare, if someone wanted to do that then they could easily.

There was a magpie on the pitch which appeared to be unable to fly away, what's your explanation?

Hardly exclusive to Newcastle are Magpies though. There was a pigeon on SJP during the Chelsea game that wouldn't move either. If a fan did do what Taylor is claiming then its shocking, but I find it hard to believe. Birds get injured, if it was there an hour before kick off, it probably thought it had found somewhere quiet to rest.

Maybe it was left there last weekend.

(Notts County)

:lol:

Would fit with the somewhere quiet to rest bit as well.  :shifty:

You are supposed to search every bag that comes in, it's rarely done.

Can only recall 2-3 times I've ever had my bag searched at the match (all away).

Last time I went to the SoL I could have carried in a fucking samurai sword, stewards and turnstile operators were too busy taking £20 bribes to let two people in on one click.-

Guest Haris Vuckic

You are supposed to search every bag that comes in, it's rarely done.

Can only recall 2-3 times I've ever had my bag searched at the match (all away).

Last time I went to the SoL I could have carried in a f***ing samurai sword, stewards and turnstile operators were too busy taking £20 bribes to let two people in on one click.-

Like a financially beneficial Hillsborough.

Guest Haris Vuckic

If these are European candidates then we are like. Think reality is though that we're both 9th to 13th standard.

I agree. We are good enough to do whatever they do - better.

I recall that several years back these stupid fuckers were booing a magpie that was trapped in Shit Stadium and was perched up on one of the goals - against Birmingham I think.  Wouldn't suprise me if the poor creature was caught by one of them, beaten half to death and thrown onto the pitch in some sort of pre-match symbolism.

Guest Stephen927

Before the game I would have taken a draw, but obviously when your team is in the lead for so long, to then go away with a point, its disappointing. Sunderland have a good team but both times they've played us, they haven't looked like a team full of confidence, they looked shit scared at St James'. Stadium of light is a tough place to go, derby aside, Arsenal have gone there - 1 point. Man United - 1 point. Man City lost there, so in the grand scheme it isn't a bad result.

If these are European candidates then we are like. Think reality is though that we're both 9th to 13th standard.

I agree. We are good enough to do whatever they do - better.

Think we'll both sink down to our proper position at lower mid table soon enough. Bolton are still leading candidates to nick that "last" (depending on cup winners) European spots, especially once the Asian Cup ends.

in a normal season yes but this season who knows, not much difference in the sides tbh, they have a better attack but i think our midfield is the stronger, both defences on form are pretty even

Guest Tall Striker

the whole town belived that all they had to do was keep repeating the word Revenge and somehow that would help them beat us. Like some sort of Magic word-  :lol:

But.....but......they had a song ready and everything.

You can't take a bottle of coke into the match man, how has someone taken a live bird in?  If you wanted to catch a specific breed of bird for a certain date, how would you go about it, have a quick think and consider if you think you'd be able to catch one and keep it alive until the moment you wanted to chuck it on the pitch.

Last time I went to the SoL I could have carried in a fucking samurai sword, stewards and turnstile operators were too busy taking £20 bribes to let two people in on one click.-

???

???

i guess we probably should be seen as european candidates - rightly or wrongly. thats a sign of how mad this season is. if sunderland, stoke and bolton are in contention, why shouldn't we? it looks like theres going to be at least one surprise Europe League entrant.

You can't take a bottle of coke into the match man, how has someone taken a live bird in?  If you wanted to catch a specific breed of bird for a certain date, how would you go about it, have a quick think and consider if you think you'd be able to catch one and keep it alive until the moment you wanted to chuck it on the pitch.

???

The samurai sword wouldn't have been alive like :lol:

To think a fan did it you have to believe that either a Newcastle fan would cripple their mascot, or a sunderland fan would put their rival's mascot onto the pitch, it's a fucking absurd suggestion.  There's already been a pigeon on the pitch that couldn't fly away from the ball at SJP this season and a fucked bat in the east stand spinning out of control and twatting off the roof, it's what happens where you play on an open air field of grass.  Anyone who thinks a fan of either team did it is as thick as Louise Taylor, and that's saying something.

Guest marky555

Last time I went to the SoL I could have carried in a f***ing samurai sword, stewards and turnstile operators were too busy taking £20 bribes to let two people in on one click.-

???

The samurai sword wouldn't have been alive like :lol:

To think a fan did it you have to believe that either a Newcastle fan would cripple their mascot, or a sunderland fan would put their rival's mascot onto the pitch, it's a f***ing absurd suggestion.  There's already been a pigeon on the pitch that couldn't fly away from the ball at SJP this season and a f***ed bat in the east stand spinning out of control and twatting off the roof, it's what happens where you play on an open air field of grass.

Absolutely pissing myself at the thought of that bat.

According to people at the match, the groundsmen were chasing the magpie around while people were still coming into the stadium, must have been one of the first people into the ground, which makes you wonder how no-one saw them chuck it on the pitch.