John Carver

Guest neesy111

Just makes me want to hope we lose every game still. I cannot and should not be required to root for this Carver thing!

:lol: We lose every game we go down.

God. GOD that game vs Pardew. God! f*** I'm already f***ing p*ssed off.

We will lose the Pardew game and they will finish above us.

If the ultimate goal was ridding ourselves of Pardew, who cares?

Why is that the ultimate goal? The ultimate goal is a successful football club.

I'm not saying that it is or should be, but that seemed to be the prevailing opinion when it looked like Pardew was on his way out. "Anyone but him!" Well, clearly not.

Fair enough.

We'll probably go down now. Part of me hopes we do just to fuck off Ashley but the chances are he will cling onto us for a lot longer than we'd like to believe- he'll probably think it'll be piss easy to get promoted and enjoy the parachute payments and promotion money.

We're doomed. Literally. We are screwed.

We'll probably go down now. Part of me hopes we do just to fuck off Ashley but the chances are he will cling onto us for a lot longer than we'd like to believe- he'll probably think it'll be piss easy to get promoted and enjoy the parachute payments and promotion money.

We're doomed. Literally. We are screwed.

I'm not arsed if we go down, would serve the fat incompetent cunt right

100% this.

Can't believe Graham Carr in all this. Had to be able to get someone decent in man. Mr Contacts and all.

This is so pathetic. John Carver is in charger from January till the end of the season. Can't believe it. The guy that was cussing fans out for protesting him and his gaffer's joy incinerating football.

I dunno why anyone's that arsed to be honest. He won't last long, he simply cannot last long. Getting rid of Pardew with the biggest hurdle, everything after is a path to salvation.

On the plus side, at least we've alerted other clubs as to where they might look for a manager next season. Remi Garde for Villa maybe?

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno why anyone's that arsed to be honest. He won't last long, he simply cannot last long. Getting rid of Pardew with the biggest hurdle, everything after is a path to salvation.

If that salvation is Schteve, I don't think I'd want it.

The very least we deserve, if the club aren't going to bother trying to win anything, is someone who will bring interesting football/some form of likeability.

He does neither.

Alright, he's not Alan Pardew, but he's a bit like a shock text message off the lottery only to find you've won £2.10.

Disagree, Pardew was the worst manager I've seen here and he was unmovable and never criticised by the crowd to the extent he should have been due to his PR. I don't think others would get that amount of wiggle-room and most are better than him as both a manager and a man. The bloke was utter scum.

I will give Carver the benefit of the doubt, if only because the first half against Chelsea was pretty impressive, and I like being happy.

I do hope he isn't warming the seat for McLaren though, it's like buying advance tix for Nickelback.

:lol: :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Just makes me want to hope we lose every game still. I cannot and should not be required to root for this Carver thing!

:lol: We lose every game we go down.

God. GOD that game vs Pardew. God! Fuck I'm already fucking pissed off.

We will lose the Pardew game and they will finish above us.

San, man. San.

Man.

San! So many slow motion fist pumps in our future, man. So fucking many.

WE WANTED THIS, MAN! I couldn't give a shit if they beat us, stop caring about that prick. He's gone! That's the most important thing!

:lol: No it isn't! It's half of the most important thing. The most important thing is to get a good manager in while the team has/had so much talent. You said it yourself when you were posting fantasy lineups. They didn't do that. They have no interest in doing that.

Yeah, but Pardew man. He's GONE. He was unmovable and people defended him and he was the absolute worst imaginable and he's GONE. Anything else is a bonus imo. If we fail then we rebuild/Ashley might think about buggering off, if we succeed then we succeed. Pardew celebrated mediocrity man, most other managers aren't like that.

Thing is, you know they had no fucking intention of getting another manager in. They're completely inflexible to deal with changing circumstances. Be it a big bid for a player too good to refuse or manager that decides to leave mid-season, if it's not in the plan, they won't do anything to move forward.

There's also no way someone else is lined up. They're hedging their bets on Mclaren leaving a likely promoted Derby which I doubt significantly will happen. We'll then be string along for a month believing they're looking for a top class appointment only to once again end up with Carver.

It's a complete embarrassment. Carver barely has the credentials to be a decent coach, let alone manager.

Last straw for me if this comes off.