John Carver

Guest neesy111

Is he f***. We were very poor under Shearer but not this level of bad.

Shearer also looked like a man who would have gotten up to speed with management eventually, he should never have brought Dowie with him though. Carver is just completely and utterly clueless.

We were poor but a different kind of poor, this complete and utter "why bother" under Ashley.

Nice to see Carver instilling confidence in the young lads:

Dimitri Bourandanis, @Mitcho1992: Why do you think Adam Armstrong or Olivier kemen HAVNT got more minutes surely they wouldn't do any worse.

Mark says: JC doesn't want to blood them too early. He mentioned Adam Campbell the other week when the Armstrong issue was brought up. He said being over-promoted too early had "ruined" him.

Also he said Armstrong hadn't been playing particularly well in the reserves to justify it.

That's the man-management skills he gleened off SBR in action right there.

Guest Roger Kint

Chronicle poll: Would you cancel your ticket if Carver gets the job? Yes 94%

If only that was true

Also he said Armstrong hadn't been playing particularly well in the reserves to justify it

So the only reason he keeps bringing him on in the 90th min must be to score brownie points with the local fans. Nice touch wor John.

@SkySports_Keith: John Carver admits the protests and boycotts by Newcastle fans affected his players against Spurs last weekend.

Pathetic. Such a weasel.

Post-match Sunday

"The one thing is – and I said this before the game – people are entitled to do what they want, and they have their opinion,” said Carver.

“I don’t think that has affected what has gone on on the pitch, because all the players are professional, so once they cross that line, no matter what is going on around them, it shouldn’t bother them."

Guest Roger Kint

Love to know how the protest actually affected them. Were there any in the ground during the game that the players and lasagne face would have seen? Clearly wouldnt have heard any as it was deathly silent as usual. Pathetic attempt to turn fans against each other and the protests by the pitiful yes man

Guest Geordiesned

So in the 34th minute they're just going to stop trying?

They're all going to start changing "We want Ashley out" whilst mooning the directors box.

Love to know how the protest actually affected them. Were there any in the ground during the game that the players and lasagne face would have seen? Clearly wouldnt have heard any as it was deathly silent as usual. Pathetic attempt to turn fans against each other and the protests by the pitiful yes man

The mostly silent 30,000 apethic fans made less noise than the usual 53,000 mostly silent, apethic fans.

John Carver says he is working on the clash with Swansea City like it is a World Cup final.

The Newcastle United head coach was responding to Daryl Janmaat’s comments that the game was on par with the World Cup semi-final.

Carver said:‎ “That’s how important it is and if he thinks that good. As long as everybody else feels that way.

“We have been preparing for it like a World Cup final.”

Carver also said the planned protests are affecting the players – but said his side have 89 minutes apart from the 34th minute protest against Mike Ashley to perform.

He said: “We will have 89 minutes to have a go at it (the game). It is affecting people. It affected me and the players. I didn’t want to use it as an excuse (though) and I don’t have a problem with protests.”

f***ing hell

Fuck you, John Carver!!!

Winning this game could be bad for Carver, it will essentially make the club safe from relegation.  The fans can then focus their fury at the way the club is ran by Ashley.

People standing up for a minute must be too much for people earning 10s of thousands of pounds a week to handle, the poor bairns. Its a free minute, don't bother playing during it lads we'll have a cuddle at half time

John Carver says he is working on the clash with Swansea City like it is a World Cup final.

The Newcastle United head coach was responding to Daryl Janmaat’s comments that the game was on par with the World Cup semi-final.

Carver said:‎ “That’s how important it is and if he thinks that good. As long as everybody else feels that way.

“We have been preparing for it like a World Cup final.”

Carver also said the planned protests are affecting the players – but said his side have 89 minutes apart from the 34th minute protest against Mike Ashley to perform.

He said: “We will have 89 minutes to have a go at it (the game). It is affecting people. It affected me and the players. I didn’t want to use it as an excuse (though) and I don’t have a problem with protests.”

f***ing hell

Absolute fucking weasel.