John Carver

Guest neesy111

"I’ve got to say we talked after the game last week about, and I’ll talk about the protest and I genuinely thought at the time that the protest wouldn’t make any difference and it shouldn’t and I didn’t want to use it as an excuse for players but I think it did affect people, it does affect you, it affected me slightly and it certainly affected some of the players and I know there is another one coming this week, but at least people are coming in the stadium and if it’s a protest for one minute and that it only lasts for one minute then we’ve got 89 minutes to get on with the game."

That's one sentence.

He replaced the full stops with licks.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03279/John_Carver_3279105e.jpg

"Can't...hold....it....in....much......." *lick*

More coverage about our situation as the AO campaign has hit headlines again, this time the Telegraph, it can only be good for us. However Carver again not missing an opportunity to blame the fans rather than his brand of shitball for the disgrace we're in:

Newcastle manager shocked as supporters plan a day of demonstrations on Saturday against Mike Ashley by targeting his Sports Direct shops on Tyneside and in Glasgow

John Carver, Newcastle United’s head coach, admitted he has been shocked by the scale of the protests against owner Mike Ashleyahead of a plan by Newcastle and Rangers fans to co-ordinate demonstrations against the billionaire by targeting his Sports Direct shops.

Newcastle supporters organised a boycott of last weekend’s 3-1 home defeat by Tottenham Hotspur with an estimated 13,000 fans staying away. There were also protests calling for Ashley to put the club up for sale held before and after the game.

Newcastle fans voice their frustration at Mike Ashley's Newcastle ownership

There will be another show of dissent during Saturday’s home game against Swansea, with fans planning to chant for Ashley’s removal in 34th minute, a reference to the £34.1 million that was in the club’s bank account at the end of the last financial year, which supporters felt should have been invested in the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Rangers supporters adopted similar tactics earlier this year to show their opposition to Ashley’s control of the Ibrox boardroom and their counterparts south of the border are stepping up their attempts to end his eight-year reign on Tyneside.

“I was surprised,” said Carver, when asked about last weekend’s boycott. “I did not think it would be as many people. We have to find a way of dealing with it and managing the situation because it can only hurt us – that is the fans and the club. We need to find a solution.

• Newcastle and Rangers fans plan coordinated Ashley demonstrations

• What's the point of Ashley staying at Newcastle?

“The people who were in the stadium weren’t quite sure how to react. Some of them were annoyed that people had stayed away, others were delighted. It was strange.

“There was a lot of apprehension around the place. I hear there were people falling out with each other in the stands. That cannot help. I thought it didn’t affect us during the game, but on reflection I think it does.”

Ashley is an unpopular figure amongst Newcastle supporters

Carver also denied he had been offered the head coach’s role beyond this season, although it is thought he is in a two-way race with Derby County manager Steve McClaren.

“We have had discussions about ongoing issues at the club and I have regular meetings with [managing director] Lee Charnley and [chief scout] Graham Carr, at least once a week,” Carver said. “I have not been given any assurances or been told what my situation is next season.

With a Channel Four Dispatches documentary next week threatening to expose the way Ashley runs his Sports Direct empire, his problems are mounting.

Manager John Carver is struggling to motivate the team

The organisers of the AshleyOut.comcampaign have released a statement explaining the next stage of their demonstrations.

“We will back any fan who continues to boycott the game to make a stand (£BoycottSwansea),” said the AshleyOut.comcampaign in a statement.

“For those fans wishing to attend the Swansea game, we request them to £StandUpToAshley after 34 minutes of the game, to represent the fact that having no manager and a threadbare squad devoid of quality, yet having £34  million in the bank is not an acceptable situation.

Fans want Ashley to invest more in the club

“Secondly, from 12.30pm on Saturday we will target Sports Direct stores within a 20-mile radius of St. James’ Park and their flagship Oxford Street store by means of a peaceful protest.

“This protest will be coordinated with supporters of Rangers Football Club who will target stores in the vicinity of Ibrox.”

Swansea manager Garry Monk insists Newcastle’s players will not be affected by any supporters’ protests.

He said: “As a player you have to concentrate on your football. No player goes out on the pitch without the intention of giving his best and I’m sure all the Newcastle fans will be thinking that.

“Hopefully we can use the crowd against the team if we perform well, but the idea is to focus on ourselves.”

“They don’t see what I do on the training ground preparing the team, but people on the inside do.”  Yeah John we see what you do

http://i.imgur.com/bDg68Uwl.jpg

“We had a group of people in this week, they were sponsors, about 20 of them through the week. They couldn’t believe what they were watching. That’s how good it was.  ;D

Guest chopey

Steve Wright on radio two was once exposed for only reading out emails about how great he was and how is show was the best on the station and now whenever I hear him I cringe, maybe Carver is an avid listener

Good piece, the only thing I miss is questioning him about how he now seems convinced the players are not good enough and blames the small squad, while back in January-February this was the guff:

“We’ve got options, we’ve got flexibility,” said the coach who felt no need to ask the board for the striker and centre-half many observers believed Newcastle required last month

“I didn’t ask because I know I’ve got a group of players who can get us through to the end of the season – before Monday we actually had too many players,” he said.

I was sat thinking about Carvers 'Ashley has done a good job' comments last night and it absolutely boiled my p*ss.

This is a bloke who has ripped the heart out of the club, turned lifelong fans away, spat at the feet of club legends, ruined Cup Competitions, killed any idea of playing in Europe again, changed the name of the stadium to the SD Arena (ffs), found guilty of lying and misleading fans to name a few and Carver turns round 4 days after a boycott and says most people agree he's done a good job!?

You've made you're bed now Carver you absolute bell.

Guest chopey

I was sat thinking about Carvers 'Ashley has done a good job' comments last night and it absolutely boiled my p*ss.

This is a bloke who has ripped the heart out of the club, turned lifelong fans away, spat at the feet of club legends, ruined Cup Competitions, killed any idea of playing in Europe again, changed the name of the stadium to the SD Arena (ffs), found guilty of lying and misleading fans to name a few and Carver turns round 4 days after a boycott and says most people agree he's done a good job!?

You've made you're bed now Carver you absolute bell.

Totally agree with this, he needs to go

john gibson in the chronicle this afternoon;

"John Carver has talked of playing two up top in an effort to score goals, tactically be more direct to grind out points, and just about every other possibility known to man or beast. They are the ramblings of a drowning desperado."

carver again (skysports)

"This is a bad time at the moment," he said. "I can't wait for the good time. I'm really going to enjoy myself, because I have had everything go against me."

wtf has he had go against him? he's only ever been short of 2-3 players each match of putting out a first eleven.

the whole injury crisis thing is a bit of a myth too as its been mainly squad players not first teamers affected. he's been without a left back and a centre half mainly otherwise most of his first team has been fit.

never trust or rely on anybody who doesnt have an ounce of humility or self-awareness.

only a c*** like carver could be more influenced by his time under pardew, than his time as assisstant to SBR.