John Carver

Guest neesy111

I've just been on TalkSport - if anyone was listening I was the one who read out the definition of Sport (an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment). Then stated we don't try to compete and we're certainly not entertaining.

I've just been on TalkSport - if anyone was listening I was the one who read out the definition of Sport (an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment). Then stated we don't try to compete and we're certainly not entertaining.

Did they laugh at you and insist this was the correct appointment?

Did they laugh at you and insist this was the correct appointment?

Nah Goughy was a bit of a dick, "But you played well vs Chelsea" - I just retorted with "30 minutes don't make a football season".

A bad outcome all round, because it’s clear from the way it’s been handled that the Board were hoping not to appoint Carver. I’m not sure how well he’s going to be able to motivate the team.

Still, it was always going to be difficult to get the best possible long-term candidate half way through the season.

This idea of hounding Pardew out of his job as soon as possible looks even worse than it did at the time.

I'm sorry, but when did it become a thing to wait until the summer for a new manager? With it being difficult mid-season? Never heard of this before.

Of course it's more difficult man ffs, no self respecting club would let their manager go especially if they are contending for something in a middle of a season.

It's why Spurs went with Sherwood initially, Mourinho to Chelsea in the summer and why most big managerial moves when they are actually contracted to a club happen in the summer.

How many big managerial changes do you see in the summer compared to the season? Seriously have a word with yourself.

This is going to look like I'm defending the club, but I'm really not they have fucked up real bad for the umpteenth time and it's a disgrace but try to be a tiny little bit level headed for once.

Goughie implying we should be happy due to a bright 20 min spell against Chelsea a couple of weeks ago was amusing.

He's got the job purely because he was born in the right city - that's it. There's absolutely nothing else on his CV to suggest he's remotely even worth a shot at a PL job. He's managed briefly at lower level and largely done a shit job. Hope he gets hounded out, the fat prick.

Pardew's entertainers are gonna stuff us 5-0 and he and JC will go out for a pint afterwards.

Good times ahead.

All the ones people on here love to mock will feast ...

Zaha, Sanogo and finally Shola off the bench.

4 fucking weeks and the best they can come up with is John fucking Carver. It's pitiful and embarrassing.

I thought the timing was quite funny as they were clearly waiting for Carver to be riding the crest of a freak fantastic result, more or less guaranteed by the Laws of Averages, but after five or six losses on the bounce thought:

"nyeh, fuck it - we could be waiting ages, let's just give it to him with a decent amount of time while the FA cup is on and a loss is a week away either side".

Only at an Ashley owned NUFC would the powers that be deem it acceptable to employ a guy, in such a prominent position, a matter of months after he'd offered to fight his own fans.

:lol:

I mean, seriously, is there any other owner out there that would stoop this low?

The bloke is fucking pondlife.

Disappointed we didn't give someone the job on a short term basis who has more experience and a better record than Carver.

When Charnley said there were "80" applicants then surely a few of those who were decent and out of a job would accept an initial 6 month contract,or even a rolling 6 month deal.

My hatred for him doesn't come close to that for Pardew mind. Although I expect that to change in next couple of months as he continues to use Bobby's name to suggest he is capable and how Mourinho said "good one John" when he made a joke or some shit.

We lose to Hull this weekend and we will be right in the shit, not sure how much I should bother caring anymore. Maybe time to stop watching football.