John Carver

Guest neesy111

Guest Roger Kint

I've just been on TalkSport - if anyone was listening I was the one who read out the definition of Sport (an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment). Then stated we don't try to compete and we're certainly not entertaining.

Had a feeling it was you, good call :thup:

Disappointed we didn't give someone the job on a short term basis who has more experience and a better record than Carver.

When Charnley said there were "80" applicants then surely a few of those who were decent and out of a job would accept an initial 6 month contract,or even a rolling 6 month deal.

Even West Brom managed it with Pepe Mel for goodness sake. We are a farce.

"The results aren't the problem, we're starting to play well."

"Newcastle need stability so, yeah, let's keep John"

Un-fucking-believable.

Fucking stability.

The buzz word for justifying decisions which have no logical basis.

A bad outcome all round, because it’s clear from the way it’s been handled that the Board were hoping not to appoint Carver. I’m not sure how well he’s going to be able to motivate the team.

Still, it was always going to be difficult to get the best possible long-term candidate half way through the season.

This idea of hounding Pardew out of his job as soon as possible looks even worse than it did at the time.

I'm sorry, but when did it become a thing to wait until the summer for a new manager? With it being difficult mid-season? Never heard of this before.

Of course it's more difficult man ffs, no self respecting club would let their manager go especially if they are contending for something in a middle of a season.

It's why Spurs went with Sherwood initially, Mourinho to Chelsea in the summer and why most big managerial moves when they are actually contracted to a club happen in the summer.

How many big managerial changes do you see in the summer compared to the season? Seriously have a word with yourself.

This is going to look like I'm defending the club, but I'm really not they have fucked up real bad for the umpteenth time and it's a disgrace but try to be a tiny little bit level headed for once.

:thup:

we're in trouble. He's shown nowt to think he can get a win let alone enough to keep us up. teams down there are improving (to some extent anyway) while we're getting worse by the game

Pardew shows nowt, but he still got a few wins because of the quality of the players, so will Carver, shit as he is.

Being made fun of by international press now... "They had 80 applicants for the managerial role and gave it to John Carver." :anguish:

Good, they should take the piss out of them.  As long as they don't neglect to mention that 99% of our fanbase didn't want him in any capacity.

Imagine being so undeveloped that at his age he doesn't realise that mentioning Bobby Robson EVERY SINGLE TIME is just weird and inappropriate. Just imagine the level of creep we are talking about here. This is the current manager head coach.

Imagine him also thinking that mentioning that Mourinho recommended him, was a power move, that would make him a more worthwhile candidate. Please imagine this. This is the man charged with looking after the club for months if not years.

He looks like an angry football dad who starts on other dads at his sons under 8s matches :lol:

Unless the 'other dad' has forearms the size of that cabbie who took up Carver's invitation to discuss matters at training following the game where he lost the plot with the fans...

Completely unsurprising news but the worst part of it all is that he will clearly get the job in the summer providing he does "OK". That means more months of not being able to just watch the game and want us to win.

Before Pardew left I would imagine we already had the smallest background staff out of the whole league. I doubt there has been any consideration of bringing another coach in now. Even worse, should he upset Ashley in any way and leave before the summer, then I have no doubt Beardsley would then step up and we would be yet another body down on the coaching staff.