John Carver

Guest neesy111

Might as well give Carver our support until the end of the season.

He did set the team up quite nicely against Southampton and yes we got caught bye two sucker punches through the middle, but thats what happens sometimes if you set your team to play open attacking footie.

Its not like any of us would have turned the job down if offered would we?

Actually I think many of us would as we actually care about the club and give a flying fuck about having the right person in charge.

I don't have the prerequisite skill set or knowledge base to be able to fulfill the role. Hence I wouldn't be comfortable in it, or do it very well.

Or I could just blag it like this cock-knocker and take the cash.

Undoubtedly when he ends up at Wealdstone, Kidderminster or Falmouth, the cunt will have the glory of 'NUFC' on his CV, the contemptable prick.

Bottom line is this Neanderthal cretin should be nowhere near a position like this.

Sick of hearing about this now. He'll be gone by summer at the latest. Shut up.

:lol: to the point.

I agree, I honestly cannot see how it's possible for him to be in charge past the summer. Even our fans won't allow it.

Same was said about Pardew, within two months most of the fanbase were lodged up his arse.

We're already seeing justification for him: open attacking football against Southampton, 20 minutes against Chelsea... If the players string two passes together at any point in the next five months, there'll be a significant minority wanting him in full time.

I agree, I honestly cannot see how it's possible for him to be in charge past the summer. Even our fans won't allow it.

There was a time when we said the same about things like renaming SJP.  This is going to be a problem even when Ashley goes, what incentive is there for the new owners not to try the same type of shit if it suits them?  Someone not quite as shameless as Ashley coming in after Freddie might have worried about pulling some of his tricks out of fear of open revolt, but Mike has proven you can get away with anything, basically.

Same was said about Pardew, within two months most of the fanbase were lodged up his arse.

We're already seeing justification for him: open attacking football against Southampton, 20 minutes against Chelsea... If the players string two passes together at any point in the next five months, there'll be a significant minority wanting him in full time.

I'm not even sure it would be a minority if he wins a couple of games on the bounce. With the Chronicle behind him it wouldn't take much to have the dim-witted masses getting behind the local boy made good. I can see Ryder's headlines now: Geordie Boy Carver dedicates Win to Sir Bobby.

There was a time when we said the same about things like renaming SJP.  This is going to be a problem even when Ashley goes, what incentive is there for the new owners not to try the same type of shit if it suits them?  Someone not quite as shameless as Ashley coming in after Freddie might have worried about pulling some of his tricks out of fear of open revolt, but Mike has proven you can get away with anything, basically.

This is getting out of hand. :lol:

Are you actually joking?

If he flukes a few half decent results, and then beats Sunderland, they'll all be calling for him to get the job!

It will be infuriating, and we'll end up in a situation where we miraculously got rid of Pardew, but then ended up with this crass goat Carver.

Funny how this whole thing has FINALLY shown to many -- and should have shown to all -- the existential crisis Newcastle United finds itself facing. All of the normal reasons why clubs sign players or choose managers don't apply to a club that exists merely to retain Premier League status so as to be a commercial front. In a normal situation, no club in its right mind would touch Carver with a ten foot pole.

Only a business built on the back of intense and mostly unjustifiable loyalty could still exist while treating its patrons with such rancor and contempt. And only by showing that loyalty cannot be taken for granted will that contempt have any chance of stopping. Old habits die hard, but they eventually die. I don't know how many prematurely aborted cup runs or how many muted, cold, callous statements it will take, but at some point, even the most loyal fan will stop supporting a team that doesn't particularly care.

If you indeed reap what you sow, this club will have a very rough next few years, because all they've sown is spite.

Might as well give Carver our support until the end of the season.

He did set the team up quite nicely against Southampton and yes we got caught bye two sucker punches through the middle, but thats what happens sometimes if you set your team to play open attacking footie.

Its not like any of us would have turned the job down if offered would we?

http://i.imgur.com/3e88WV0.gif

That's a terrifying gif

I believe at this point the cheapness of Carver will mean that should he get the just above relegation form 43 points he'll get the job. If he gets less than that he's very much a relegation risk for next season and that will change things. Personally I'll be surprised if we stay up now. Besides one blip of form we've been dreadful all season. We're in absolute free fall.

Funny how this whole thing has FINALLY shown to many -- and should have shown to all -- the existential crisis Newcastle United finds itself facing. All of the normal reasons why clubs sign players or choose managers don't apply to a club that exists merely to retain Premier League status so as to be a commercial front. In a normal situation, no club in its right mind would touch Carver with a ten foot pole.

Only a business built on the back of intense and mostly unjustifiable loyalty could still exist while treating its patrons with such rancor and contempt. And only by showing that loyalty cannot be taken for granted will that contempt have any chance of stopping. Old habits die hard, but they eventually die. I don't know how many prematurely aborted cup runs or how many muted, cold, callous statements it will take, but at some point, even the most loyal fan will stop supporting a team that doesn't particularly care.

If you indeed reap what you sow, this club will have a very rough next few years, because all they've sown is spite.

This is the big problem isn't it? I can't bring myself to be too bothered about Carver getting the job, it doesn't matter either way this season.

Despite that, I think a decent manager would make things at least bearable. But as you imply, there's not a lot of reason to expect them to appoint the right man.

Excellent post.

Guest firetotheworks

I missed this until Jimburst quoted it, but that's a brilliant way of putting it.

Excellent post.

The only hope NUFC fans have now is to abandon it, like a great old ship with a hole, you have to jump off at some stage. There's no future for fans with this NUFC.

The only way we can have an element of control is to walk away. The only way is to make his ownership untenable. As close to zero home attendances as possible.

This is what the shitheaps at the Chronicle should be campaigning for/leading on.

Take back control. Take back some pride. Don't let yourself become part of a Sports Direct advert.

As I've said before, Carver doesn't have the nous to placate and deceive the fans to anything like the extent Pardew did. Nor does he have a 5th place finish to defend his position with.