John Carver

Guest neesy111

Well they're both people important to Newcastle and who Carver knew, and who have died. I don't really see the difference. Obviously he's trying to curry favour and sound like he knows what the club is about, but you would have to expect that.

Not if you have an ounce of self respect Ian.

Well it's annoying to us, but mainly because nobody rates Carver. If Remy Garde came in and said he loved watching Keegan's team and respected Bobby I doubt anyone would worry.

It's the fact it's Carver that makes it wrong, because nobody wants him. Which is fair enough.

:lol: Such complete bollocks. You've been at it all day again.

Well they're both people important to Newcastle and who Carver knew, and who have died. I don't really see the difference. Obviously he's trying to curry favour and sound like he knows what the club is about, but you would have to expect that.

Well it's annoying to us, but mainly because nobody rates Carver. If Remy Garde came in and said he loved watching Keegan's team and respected Bobby I doubt anyone would worry.

It's the fact it's Carver that makes it wrong, because nobody wants him. Which is fair enough.

There's a bit of a difference between this, and stating that you think they'll be 'in the dugout with me' like :lol:

Very few people in world football can get away with saying shit like that.

EDIT: It's wrong because it's blatant PR spin.

:lol: Such complete bollocks. You've been at it all day again.

Wha? I've hardly said anything. I don't even like Carver, I just said I don't see the difference between mentioning Bobby and mentioning Speed. You've got to move on Jack, this isn't healthy.

Absolute rubbish man. It's because Carver knew both men personally that makes it wrong and surely you must know that inside.

Do you ever stop talking shit, Ian? It's just relentless, how you can construct a pitiful argument in conflict with common sense again and again.

Do you ever stop talking shit, Ian? It's just relentless, how you can construct a pitiful argument in conflict with common sense again and again.

Ah never mind, I don't even like the bloke. Pointless discussion.

I cannot believe that I've just seen that front cover with him saying that SBR and Speed will be with him in the dugout. Please tell me that that's not attributable to a quote and that he's not that fucking sick in the head?

Carver said: "For some reason, I started reading Sir Bobby's autobiography last night. There was a message on the front of the book -- 'Thanks for a fantastic, successful five years, it should have been a lot longer. Cheers, Sir Bobby.'

"When he gave me that book, he said to me, 'You do realise how big this football club is, and if ever you get an opportunity, don't be scared of it, enjoy it and take it with both hands'. So I am sitting here now and I'm going to take it with both hands.

"I'm a Catholic and I believe he will be looking down on me, I really do. For some reason that was why I had the inspiration to get the book and started reading it.

"He will be there with us. He will be in the technical area with us, let me tell you that, because I never stop thinking about him.

"Apart from my mum and dad, who I lost recently, there are two people I never stop thinking about -- he [Robson] is one of them, and Gary Speed is the other. They are always with us, and I think about them every game.

Someone call the UVF on this cunt

Done :thup:

I don't really think John Carver is a cunt (yet :rolleyes:) but I do think he's wildly out of his depth. So is Charnley, by the looks of things. I don't think this appointment is out of spite, it's just out of sheer cluelessness. Pardew was perfect for them and would have been their manager until they left the club. There's clearly an incredibly small pool of people (note: not necessarily 'managers') happy to work under their conditions.

I had a modicum of hope that these conditions would change in light of Pardew's departure, but obviously not. Which is why they've shrugged their shoulders, happily deemed the search a hopeless one and appointed literally the only person they could. Maybe they will eventually cave and decide to alter the job spec for their head coach eventually, should circumstances dictate that we absolutely do need someone who's actually qualified (ie, relegation becomes a tangible likelihood).

I believe Carver cares a great deal about the club and he will want to be successful. He's gonna have to up his game astronomically, though.

I don't really think John Carver is a cunt (yet :rolleyes:) but I do think he's wildly out of his depth. So is Charnley, by the looks of things. I don't think this appointment is out of spite, it's just out of sheer cluelessness. Pardew was perfect for them and would have been their manager until they left the club. There's obviously an incredibly small pool of people (note: not necessarily 'managers') happy to work under their conditions.

I had a modicum of hope that these conditions would change in light of Pardew's departure, but obviously not. Which is why they've shrugged their shoulders, happily deemed the search a hopeless one and appointed literally the only person they could. Maybe they will eventually cave and decide to alter the club's raison d'être, should circumstances dictate that we absolutely do need someone who's actually qualified (ie, relegation becomes a tangible likelihood).

I believe Carver cares a great deal about the club and he will want to be successful. He's gonna have to up his game astronomically, though.

Just smells so much of when Hughton got the job, in the end that appointment worked out. Hughton though is twice the caliber of candidate that Carver is. I wish I could just forget this football club, I really do.

From the comment section of the guardian article about this announcement:

Newcastle have a history of hounding out and attacking their manager ( or potential manager).

Big Sam, doing ok at West Ham was certainly not good enough.

Redknapp - when Ashley went for him - was treated with scorn and the fans claimed they 'deserve better than him'. He was good enough for a successful few years at Spurs.

Pardew gives them their greatest season in recent history and just misses out on a CL place. His reward? A concerted, vicious hate campaign.

They even turned on Sir Bobby.

Sorry, I don't buy the " we're totally reasonable and realistic" argument. Nobody or anything is ever good enough! Ironically, Carver clearly isn't good enough. I hope there is still time for him to sail headlong into relegation.

It would be like me having a crack at open heart surgery on my ma because I love her.

:lol:

"I know her better than anyone else. Pass the scalpel."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

This sums up my thoughts on Carver. Don't hate the chap at all. I just think he will be found to be out his depth.

I'm more angry at the board (again) than owt else.