Newcastle United 1 - 1 Tottenham - 22/01/11 - post match reaction from p22

Dave

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Tottenham were shite. Utter shite. Take Modric out of that team, and they wouldn't have moved the ball at all.

On another day it should have been 4-2 to the Toon but we missed our chances, and Defoe was Defoe and kept blindly shooting every chance he got.

Sadly the ref was shocking.

I had never realised that VDV was such a cheating little shit before this. As soon as anyone was near him he was on the floor looking up at Halsey. Twice he dived and handled the ball assuming he was going to get a free kick.

Halsey waved play on, and even after telling VDV to watch his mouth, continued to let VDV moan and complain throughout the game. Lost a bit of admiration for him after today, though its quickly been gained by Modric.

Pineer had a shocker of a debut. Wasted the ball, sliced shots and went off injured.

I though the ref was quite good, bar the decision of how much time to add on.

'Fell' for every dive going, sadly. Warned VDV countless times, but did nothing else.

I agree he should've given VDV a yellow, or worse as he kept doing it. But he didn't "fall" for every dived, he waved him up and let play continue, which was a good thing, no?

Perhaps, but he had a word with him in the 1st half. VDV was right up in the ref's face arguing, and nothing was done - "If it was Barton" comes to mind. Then his diving antics, and handling the ball after the dive only warranted another talking too apparently.

We need a Striker now and another in the summer. Best, Loven, Xisco should make way as they will never be the level we need to progress.

Trouble is that very few teams would allow a transfer for a goal scoring striker in January.

We couldn't give Xisco away. I think with Ameobi, Ranger, Best, Lovenkrands and Carroll we should have enough to stay up and look for a striker in the Summer.

Guest kingdawson

Btw the point i made about full backs in another thread. Hutton's been getting rave reviews from neutrals and even made it into Sky's premier league team of 2010. Now after watching this guy today...do you think he's any good?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I want to see Spur's goal again. Its probably just my utter dislike of Crouch's heading technique, and the way his arms flail about the air as he's trying to swat away 1000 flies, but it looked like a foul.

Btw the point i made about full backs in another thread. Hutton's been getting rave reviews from neutrals and even made it into Sky's premier league team of 2010. Now after watching this guy today...do you think he's any good?

I'd have him over Simpson on any day, so... yes?

Granted he did get a raping off Jonas today, but at least he offers something that vaguely resembles a threat in attacking terms.

It's sad but I can't name four starting RB's in the league besides the two that played today.  That said, Hutton looked solid but not overly impressive.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Convinced Modric has eyes in the back of his head

Fantastic player. Totally gutted he got lost on the way to us and ended up at Spurs, though the first 6 months over here he was pretty inconsistent; doubt we'd have given him the time.

Had Pardew been a bit smarter with his use of subs, we'd have won that. Loaning out Routledge the day before a game has bitten us. Fucking Best off, routledge on, 5 across the park with pace on the wings. 10 mins later sub shola for ranger to give us a bit of movement. Fucked it up tbh. :hmm:

Got pissed on by a centre-back who had his hair in his eyes. LOLOL.

Thompson blames Simpson.

Think between him and on here we've covered half the team to be at fault.

Any more takers?

It's pretty much Tiote's fault isn't it, for getting suspended and making us play Perch?

Pretty sure Emre slipped in that bit of the park a few years ago too, and I don't think it's ever held up quite the same since.  Emre.  What a cunt.

So yeah.  Perch, Barton, Williamson, Tiote, Simpson, Ranger and Emre basically.

:lol:

You should have lost against our B Team, How does that make you feel?

http://www.avwrites.com/wordpress/pix/iStock_000009905754XSmall.jpg

Simpson wasn't very good today I thought, there's a reason Lennon swapped to the left in the second half.

exactly. forgot how to play rb today

I think the main reason that Lennon swapped to the left is that our LB is literally unbeatable.

And our RB today was too easily beatable

:mike:

It's sad but I can't name four starting RB's in the league besides the two that played today.  That said, Hutton looked solid but not overly impressive.

Hutton was terrible today, looked like a child

Think Hutton just had an off day.  I've seen him perform so much better.