Andy Gray Sacked by Sky; Richard Keys resigns - join TalkSport

Anderson

Can't believe people are surprised/annoyed really. I mean I expected the original thing to be swept under the carpet but once it was in the public domain and crucially other examples of sexist and/or misogynist behaviour from Gray were uncovered Sky were always going to have to act. His position was untenable.

Anyone who is employed needs to look in their company's equal opportunities/discrimination policy and they'll see exactly the same kind of thing this decision has been based on. Disciplinary procedures and eventually dismissal are the order of the day. It doesn't matter a jot that this stuff happened off air, he was at work and that's all that matters. The bigger the company, the more robust the rules. For a company in the public eye 24/7 like Sky then it was ultimately a no-brainer.

Spot on, I suspect Sky's HR department had nightmares about this.

Not really, the evidence was all at hand.  Its not like they had to do an investigation from scratch.

Not the first time : snip

I must admit i laughed a little myself, but still hes a professional he shouldn't do stuff like this.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

So just Gray. Not that other ass as well?

Two phones and  Gorilla hands remain.

They sound like Gangster names.

Matt le Tissier have told Claus Lundekvam that Andy Gray was not sacked directly due to these comments, but for something that had happened in December.

The "Offside" comments regarding Massey is inappropriate, it's neanderthal in this day and age.

The Charlotte Jackson comment about the mic is Sexual Harassment. No doubt about it. Jackson could have opened a very big law (and expensive) suit against Sky regarding harasment.  Easy decision in the end - especially when it involves one of your own employees being harassed.

Shame to be honest, always thought he made games sound more exciting than what they were.

FIFA 12 won't be the same.

Someone at EA is currently crying into their keyboard thinking of all the commentary that is going to need to be re-recorded.

Why? He's not sacked by EA. He's sacked by Sky Sports.

Most of the Fifa commentary is taken from real games.

EA might not fancy using him again, tarnished reputation and that...

Tiger? Rooney? Hardly got a track record of taking the moral high ground.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Andy Townsend and his Tactics Truck. You heard it here first. :)

Maybe Sky can replace him with Robbie Earle, Rodney Marsh or perhaps even Andy Townsend's Tactics Truck!

:nope:

Not the first time :

I must admit i laughed a little myself, but still hes a professional he shouldn't do stuff like this.

had too laugh too tbh that match highlight was hilarious but after that the 2 of them where so unprofessional ,Gray was offered a managers job years ago but decided  to concentrate on the safe money with Sky Sport and as long as they thought he was doing a good job it was a job for life and i wouldnt mind being a few quid behind him.But he had great enthusiasm for the game like him or not and will leave a big hole for them too fill but good riddance .

Is the natural progression to this that we get a female pundit to replace Andy Gray; perhaps Deliah Smith though would she be done for wanting to "have" everybody?

At some point in the future we will have a self imposed state style television where opinions and any potentially "offensive" statement can not be said. Sky have set a standard which will have other presenters watching their every word. I find the whole thing a bit mad.