Andy Gray Sacked by Sky; Richard Keys resigns - join TalkSport

Anderson

This whole fiasco's been a joke, i just hope Stelling takes super sunday only way imo that it sky sports football coverage won't be ruined.

It will enhance it if Stelling's involved!

I'd give Kamara Gray's job personally.

Stelling would be the best person for the job, but at the same that would mean leaving Soccer Saturday. There's no way he can do both.

Why? Soccer Saturday isn't that strenuous.

I'd say it must be pretty tiring! And certainly time consuming too. They're on for god knows how many hours.

These overreactions by Sky are silly tbh. We had two commentators caught off air calling a player the N-word, calling another a country hick getting a kid at 23 and making derogatory comments about a keepers ability, all in the same conversation.

They apologised and said the conversation was light hearted pre-match conversation between the two as friends and wasn't meant for the public, the players involved said they understood that and that they were not offended and that was it. They're still employed and imo two of our only good footy commentators. It's all cool, even if they ripped on Skjelbred.

Just watching all the stuff on ITV, it really is pathetic like.

No doubt all the fans will be singing about that wifey running the line wherever she goes now, and singing "Get your tits out for the lads", etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, honkey, wog, puff, dyke, whatever, does it really f***ing matter? If everyone used these words they wouldn't be offensive. Before you gan on about connotations, f*** them, in this case it's just petty...

BUT IT'S FUNNY AS OWT!....bye bye Andy.

You really are a COCK   hope you dont take offence idiot    O0

At least I can be put to good use, and get more pussy than a piece of shit like you.  O0

what a joke. what a fucking joke. just more evidence that the media is sneaky scum.

also cant believe how many people are glad to see them go - personally im gutted. the sky is falling (pun not intended!). we moaned at the WC about the piss poor coverage of BBC/ITV, meanwhile Sky have wiped the floor with them for years. these two are the reason for that. obviously the quality is going to nosedive now, although i dont see why jamie redknapp would replace gray when he's already a regular. especially as he cant do the tactics stuff.

:weep:

Sky wipe the floor with BBC/ITV because of the people behind the scenes. Sky is run much better, looks much better, etc. These two are just like almost every other pundit on tv, regardless of what channel. They all say the same thing, are stuck up the same peoples ass', they're just on a network that can make them look better while doing it.

I think Gray was fired for the "tuck the Mic in here" comment.  Simple case of Sexual Harassment of a fellow employee. That put Sky in a very tight situation.

Keys resigned. Who knows why.  Did he jump/was he pushed?  Mutual agreement not to release any other clips, thereby preserving his "broadcaster reputation" and an opportunity to get back in front of the camera?  Probably.

Hardly sounds like a witch hunt to me.

Sky wipe the floor with BBC/ITV because of the people behind the scenes. Sky is run much better, looks much better, etc. These two are just like almost every other pundit on tv, regardless of what channel. They all say the same thing, are stuck up the same peoples ass', they're just on a network that can make them look better while doing it.

Sure, all pundits and all commentators are exactly equal in every way. That's a new weird sort of PC bullshit :lol:

Sure, all pundits and all commentators are exactly equal in every way. That's a new weird sort of PC bullshit :lol:

Name me ten good ones. These two cunts were awful, just as al lthe other prominent pundits in England. Spare a handfull.

Name me ten good ones. These two cunts were awful, just as al lthe other prominent pundits in England. Spare a handfull.

Well no, that's exactly my point too. There are very few good ones and yet even they get shit on. Sad.

Get Warren Barton out of the Fox Soccer studio and onto a plane from LAX back to London. 

I really like his punditry on Fox Soccer's Soccer Sunday.  He did allow himself a small smirk when covering the 5-1 Demolition Derby, but other than that he is really unbiased and a very well spoken studio-head.

He knows the game, can break down a game/a play/a move and is not chummy with any of the current pros that prevents him from being open and up front about the games.

I think Gray was fired for the "tuck the Mic in here" comment.  Simple case of Sexual Harassment of a fellow employee. That put Sky in a very tight situation.

Keys resigned. Who knows why.  Did he jump/was he pushed?  Mutual agreement not to release any other clips, thereby preserving his "broadcaster reputation" and an opportunity to get back in front of the camera?  Probably.

Hardly sounds like a witch hunt to me.

:thup:

Gray was fired, and Keys forced out, because of a number of unacceptable comments they made whilst at work, that made it into the public domain. I don't understand how anyone can criticise Sky in this at all, or say they are overreacting.

Make a sexist comment at your work and let me know what happens, because I'm guessing you won't be in a job very long.

Gray was fired, and Keys forced out, because of a number of unacceptable comments they made whilst at work, that made it into the public domain. I don't understand how anyone can criticise Sky in this at all, or say they are overreacting.

Make a sexist comment at your work and let me know what happens, because I'm guessing you won't be in a job very long.

I get the feeling many on here (if they are employed) are utterly clueless when it comes to their own employer's discrimination policies and disciplinary procedures.

GM still has his job (I think).

I'll say it again....

Gray was fired for the "tuck the Mic in here" comment.  Simple case of Sexual Harassment of a fellow employee. That put Sky in a very tight situation.

Hardly sounds like a witch hunt (or soft s**** world) to me.