SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Is this not one of kingdawson's wind ups?

Nowt on any of the tottingham feeds, but KingDawson is a noted s*** hot part of the ITK industry.

That's Martin Jol not me.

Btw i was lying again. I like causing panic on this site when it comes to players you deperatley want. I will hit the Matudi thread when you're least expecting it.

Comedy gold

Guest pont-toon

It'll mean Lennon or Bale are on their way out of the club if true.

Is this not one of kingdawson's wind ups?

Nowt on any of the tottingham feeds, but KingDawson is a noted s*** hot part of the ITK industry.

That's Martin Jol not me.

Btw i was lying again. I like causing panic on this site when it comes to players you deperatley want. I will hit the Matudi thread when you're least expecting it.

Comedy gold

this will spread like wildfire all over twitter then end up in one of wednesdays rags !

@MsiDouglas

Mark Douglas

@Dharrisafc It's interesting though: no-one is exactly beating down Wigan's door despite lots of interest.. V.expensive.

jamiehird jamie hird

@MsiDouglas Is n'zogbia more likley to villa are #NUFC ?

@MsiDouglas

Mark Douglas

@jamiehird Neither at current price/wages

Pardew spoke of looking to get two more in and specifically said he thought one would come in soon, but the other probably wouldn't be here until after the season started. I think the later one is likely to be Zoggy and we're purposely stalling, trying the drive down the price. If this happens it'll be a deadline day job.

Guest Heneage

Yet by the sounds of things we want over a million for Lua Lua despite him being in the same situation. Double standards me thinks.

Not really....

Fucks sake man. Just pay what they want - £9m for a player that good, who's proven in the premier league, is well worth it.

As for all of the 'but he left under a cloud' talk..... well, who put the cloud over him in the first place?????

I agree with those saying he'll more than likely be one of the deadline day movers, though I'm not entirely convinced he'll end up here at the minute unfortunately. If he's asking for way over the top wages then fair enough on our club's part for stalling, but if it's the fee of the reported £9m that's putting us off then I think we'll only stand to regret it when someone else inevitably coughs up the cash. If you want success on the pitch then you're going to have to bite the bullet occasionally and pay more than £5m for a proven match-winner.

With Carroll and Nolan gone, lord knows we could definitely use a few in the side.

Proven match winner would be nice...I'd settle for the fact that he's played several seasons in the league. Barton may or may not be here next season, which would leave Jonas and Tiote as the only two regulars ithe midfield having played a full season in the Premiership. Zog wold be extremely useful in helping Ben Arfa and the new French signings adjust.

As the saying goes, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

We are not the only club interested. Sure there's agent talk and what not but let's be realistic here - he's just off the back of a very impressive season, he's young enough yet has plenty Premier League experience, and most of all he's available for sale at a decent price. Clubs will come knocking for a player like that, it would be foolish to assume we him 'in the bag' and can just sit back and let Wigan sweat.

It might come off but we stand a very real risk of losing the player late in the day if we do that. It would leave us little to no time for a plan B. We can line up a plan B now, but who's to say he'll still be available when N'Zogbia is plucked from under our noses?

And besides, I'd rather take a proven Premier League player, espescially given all the foreign imports we've brought in. Lose N'Zogbia and we'll be off shopping abroad again, because proven Premier League players don't come cheap - just look at the current prices they're going for. I think 9M for N'Zogbia represents smart business in the current climate and if we miss out I'll not be impressed.

It seems he has done some growing up since he left, both on and off the pitch. I am sure his both Charles and his agent know we want him but are waiting for a better deal. By all accounts he fancies us above other places, god knows why. That's not to say he wouldn't go anywhere else if they bid for him, but I think unless someone bids silly money we would match any bids made. Everyone seems to be under the impression his price tag is too high, so its a waiting game.

When the first bid gets put in that will be the litmus test to if we really want him and if he really wants to come back to us. I am more confident about the former than the latter.

After we've signed a striker and a left-back, will we have £10 million + say £1 million in fees? Then there is the small matter of his reported £65,000 wage demands.

This is a non-starter to me, unless we sell Best, Xisco, Smith and Ranger.

Guest Roger Kint

After we've signed a striker and a left-back, will we have £10 million + say £1 million in fees? Then there is the small matter of his reported £65,000 wage demands.

This is a non-starter to me, unless we sell Best, Xisco, Smith and Ranger.

Agree, we would need to shift a sizable chunk of wages to entertain taking on another Smith sized paypacket imo.

Todays Journal:

Wigan’s Charles N’Zogbia, who has made it known he is keen on returning to United, has priced himself out of a move to Tyneside with his excessive wage demands.

Todays Chronicle:

Sources close to Charles N’Zogbia have also re-iterated wages are not the issue holding up a possible return by him to Tyneside.

:dowie: