Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Van Aanholt is not ready to replace Enrique.

Never seen him play but Jose Angel the left back for Sporting Gijon has previously been mentioned as a replacement for Enrique - is he any good?

He's a realistic target, I just don't think he'll be a 'replacement' for Enrique, we need a player of his standard to maintain our ambitions. Figueroa is a Spanish speaker though, which would be a bonus?

Ideally we would get someone on Enrique's level, but i just can't really see us spending the money it would require. Only possible if there are any top class LB's on a free?

Haha quality. :lol: Just done a Google search and his release clause is €30m. What would you say his true value is?

You're betting on potential here. 12 months ago he looked like the next big thing but he has stagnated a bit and has had a bad season so far (admittedly the whole team is underperforming). He's your classic "dribble until kingdom come" Argentine winger, but he really has amazing first touch and close control, but needs to mature and release the ball sooner.

How much do you think Sevilla would want for him?

Haha quality. :lol: Just done a Google search and his release clause is €30m. What would you say his true value is?

You're betting on potential here. 12 months ago he looked like the next big thing but he has stagnated a bit and has had a bad season so far (admittedly the whole team is underperforming). He's your classic "dribble until kingdom come" Argentine winger, but he really has amazing first touch and close control, but needs to mature and release the ball sooner.

They'd try to fleece you, they drive a hard bargain. BUT after not qualifying for the CL this season and in danger of not doing it again this one, they'll need the cash. As for what amount of money... given some recent sales and current form of the player I'd say €12m-€15m, their asking price this past summer was reportedly €20m-€30m

They'd try to fleece you, they drive a hard bargain. BUT after not qualifying for the CL this season and in danger of not doing it again this one, they'll need the cash. As for what amount of money... given some recent sales and current form of the player I'd say €12m-€15m, their asking price this summer was reportedly €20m-€30m

Rather put that on Zoggy :pow: but I am the only one in the world probably.

We wouldn't be able to replace Enrique, same as Carroll. It would cost too much and we won't pay the associated wages. If it was easy then other clubs wouldn't be coming for our players with large sacks of cash, they'd be doing it themselves.

Enrique's about as good as this league gets for left-backs so there's no way we'd replace him fully. Taking someone on the cheap and piling the Enrique money on top of the TRANSFER WARCHEST is how i'd do it. Buying a quality partner for Coloccini should be a priority imo, given the money we have to spend. I don't know much about Figeuroa but Taiwo on a free sounds tasty.

But i don't think Jose will go tbh. Especially considering we'll be in Europe. :pow:

Not a top priority but how about Andres Guardado from Deportivo? You can never have too much creativity in the midfield. Bolton and Villa reportedly after him.

discussions would be interesting...."come in my geordie friend, care to sit at the nufc sponsored desk in our nufc sponsored board room, right the lads worth 2mill so shall we say 8 ?

Not a top priority but how about Andres Guardado from Deportivo? You can never have too much creativity in the midfield. Bolton and Villa reportedly after him.

discussions would be interesting...."come in my geordie friend, care to sit at the nufc sponsored desk in our nufc sponsored board room, right the lads worth 2mill so shall we say 8 ?

We sure have given them a fair wedge over the years :lol:

Been frustratingly injury prone these last two years, but he is a very good winger.

Noticed he hasn't played much for Depor recently, looked good at the WC though.

Deportivo would indeed fleece the hell out of you (again) but he would be a massive improvement over Jonás, massive. Just worried about his fitness.

does seem to be a position we sre targetting if the merveaux and n'zogbia rumours were true.

Deportivo would indeed fleece the hell out of you (again) but he would be a massive improvement over Jonás, massive. Just worried about his fitness.

does seem to be a position we sre targetting if the merveaux and n'zogbia rumours were true.

Despite Jonas' very good performance on Tuesday, I think we all know that we still need to improve that position. I'd love Guardado, don't know much about Marveaux but I'd have N'Zogbia back, if Wigan go down I reckon we'll get him.

Despite Jonas' very good performance on Tuesday, I think we all know that we still need to improve that position. I'd love Guardado, don't know much about Marveaux but I'd have N'Zogbia back, if Wigan go down I reckon we'll get him.

as left back ? :coolsmiley:

I'd prefer Piatti, whenever i've seen him he's looked pretty decent if a bit small. How's he doing at Almeria? He was another one of those that fell under the 'next Maradona' category iirc.