Blackburn 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 12/02/11 - post match reaction from page 26

Dave

not sure why everyone is saying they'd have taken a point before kick off, i certainly wouldnt. always thought we should've been going for an achievable win. today showed that we are a better side and with the usual huge following at ewood we tend to do better there than at other away grounds.

if only we had a reasonable premiership strikeforce we couldve embarrased them and racked up another high scoring result.

Good performance, feeling  optimistic about the next 5 games which are all winnable. Jonas has zero end product, might as well shift him into the left back and move Enirque further up the pitch based on what I´ve seen today.

not sure why everyone is saying they'd have taken a point before kick off, i certainly wouldnt. always thought we should've been going for an achievable win. today showed that we are a better side and with the usual huge following at ewood we tend to do better there than at other away grounds.

if only we had a reasonable premiership strikeforce we couldve embarrased them and racked up another high scoring result.

we had lost our last 6 vs them before today

I only watched the second half but Lovenkrands is just a waste of a position, how he stayed on the pitch for so long is beyond me.

Really frustrating result, we should have won. We seem to be difficult to beat at the moment, but incapable of picking up a win.

Enrique is absolute class.

Good performance, feeling  optimistic about the next 5 games which are all winnable. Jonas has zero end product, might as well shift him into the left back and move Enirque further up the pitch based on what I´ve seen today.

Technically speaking no-one had end product today >_> Jonas's crossing wasn't bad at all today.

Good point, it's all about keeping this ticking over and everyone matters. Goals were always going to be hard to come by it's just a question of hanging in till the summer now and seeing if Pardew manages to pry some coin Ashley's tight grip.

Guest VegasToon

A good result on paper.  Point away from home is always good.  Watching it though, I am left disappointed.  We bossed the game.  This is a game we need a player like Ben Afra.  Someone who create a little bit of magic in the final third.  Samba was a beast for Blackburn.  A couple of good signings in the summer and this team can challenge for Europe next year.

Before the game I would have taken a point but after a very confident performance we should have stole all 3, Pardew didn't help with Loven starting then continuing to dither over who to send on when, he needs to grow a set, we all knew Loven & Best weren't cutting it considering a positive attacking performance by the midfield & Jose all game

once again our f***ing joke of a strikeforce costs us 2 points. mackems, spurs now blackburn - should've got 9 points and ended up with 3.  :rant:

It's ridiculous that you blame the strikefore for errors at the back in the last minute. Today is squarely on them, though.

so it's now ridiculous for suggesting that we struggle to translate our dominance in possession, attacking play, chances and territorial advantage into goals? with our strikeforce? are you a bit thick or something?