Birmingham City v Newcastle United Tuesday 15th February 19:45

QBG

Martins goalscoring record when he was with us was very good. It does hide his flaws somewhat, but we've had far far worse.

1 goal in 3 isn't that good at the top level. 

Absolute rubbish. What do you consider to be 'good enough' then? A goal a game?

Guest neesy111

Martins goalscoring record when he was with us was very good. It does hide his flaws somewhat, but we've had far far worse.

For a good striker they should be scoring at least 15 goals if they play a full premiership season.  1 in 3 is what I would call average especially for a striker costing £10M.

According to the Chronicle Martins has vowed to do a back flip celebration right in front of the away fans if he scores! f***ing c***! I didn't see the point in booing him as he never asked to leave but I now hope he's torn to shreds.

according to this he said the exact opposite

Birmingham newcomer Obafemi Martins is glad to be back in England and is relishing the chance to face his old club Newcastle.

The 26-year-old Nigerian left Russian club Rubin Kazan during the January transfer window and though he lacks match practice he feels fit again after facing Stoke City on Saturday.

Martins enjoyed a memorable three-year spell at St James’ Park and is raring to get his career back on track in the Premier League.

Martins said: “I am happy that I am back in England. My last games were on December 5 and Saturday. My body is aching but I am happy that we have won.

“I am very impressed. Coming here and playing for Birmingham. Everyone is very friendly and I am happy that I am here. I have been welcomed.”

It looks like Martins will keep his place in the Birmingham attack and he will lead the line against his former club at St Andrews.

“It is two years since I saw some of the players – it is going to be fun but it will be difficult.”

“I will be glad if I score against Newcastle but there will be no flip celebration because I respect the fans.”

“Birmingham fans will love it if I score. My tag is to keep ourselves up. I am glad the manager wanted me to join the team.”

http://www.footballfancast.com/2011/02/football-news/martins-relishing-newcastle-reunion

For a good striker they should be scoring at least 15 goals if they play a full premiership season.  1 in 3 is what I would call average especially for a striker costing £10M.

So about 6 strikers in the league last year yeah? :lol:

Or one the year before. :lol:

Martins goalscoring record was very good when he was here, problem was he offered fucking nothing else to the team.

he offered a lot more than the majority of one paced clapped out farts he was playing with.

Martins goalscoring record was very good when he was here, problem was he offered fucking nothing else to the team.

he offered a lot more than the majority of one paced clapped out farts he was playing with.

:thup:

Martins goalscoring record was very good when he was here, problem was he offered f***ing nothing else to the team.

He offered a fair bit when compared to our other strikers, tbh (for 2.5 seasons at least, imo.). The problem was that his offerings were erratic, individualistic, and dangerous to our team at times. His pace and running, and athleticism were our only outlet before Jonas came. As I said back then, he's not the player you want to be relying on as your best attacker.

During his three-year spell on Tyneside' date=' Martins amassed 39 goals in all competitions from 105 games. - goal every 2.69 games[/quote']

Better than 1 in 3 neesy, in fact approaching 1 in 2.5. Also, he got 28 in 88 league games for Inter where he played as a sub as lot, that's a goal every 3.14. His goalscoring records are good, and what Shak said is right - he offers nowt else of real value.

Aye well obviously, scoring goals is pretty useful.

I was a fan of him  :smitten:..... He was not a profilc stricker but he use to give us his all when ever he plays.... His Strick Against Spurt in Jan 2007 my favorite of all...

This may be my favourite post this year. Sounds painful, mind...

Having seen our bench against Blackburn we have very few options when it comes to squad rotation. Steve and Ryan Taylor are due back soon. Apart from them it's a few weeks until Ireland is due to be fit. I guess the only other players likely to be back before the end of the season are Ameobi and Ben Arfa.

Why did Simpson go off against Blackburn? Injured? I suppose Perch will take Simpson's place and there will be no changes to the starting 11 apart from that. I guess we'll see Kuqi and Ranger come on earlier than they did against Blackburn.

Not sure about Simpson but just assumed it was because he was booked. ( Guess he wasn't booked, thought he was. ) Fuck knaa's maybe was injured then, I hope he's back for Tuesday anyway.

He went off injured.

I was a fan of him  :smitten:..... He was not a profilc stricker but he use to give us his all when ever he plays.... His Strick Against Spurt in Jan 2007 my favorite of all...

Hit the ball so hard my stream couldn't keep up

tickets still on sale?

Living near Birmingham I went to the St Andrews ticket office today and enquired. They said there will be tickets on sale to away fans before the game from an office booth by the away end but not from the Garrisons Lane place as stated on .com

tickets still on sale?

Living near Birmingham I went to the St Andrews ticket office today and enquired. They said there will be tickets on sale to away fans before the game from an office booth by the away end but not from the Garrisons Lane place as stated on .com

Thanks, yeah I know where that booth is. Thats the main ticket office.