Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

The atmosphere will be immense I'm sure.. plus it's right next to the Empire State Building. Just send her up that. Or if you can't persuade her, trick her. Just pretend you wanna goto the Empire State Building, let her go in first, pay for herself... then you just turn round and tell her you're going to the bar. :thup:

Guest Cdn_geordie

Looks like I'll be moving to Toronto next month, it's pretty much nailed on. Wheres the best place to go for Toon fans? It would be nice to see someone outside of England who supports a team outside the big 4

Hi,

I just signed up on foxsoccer.tv, Does anyone use it?

What time zone are the games listed at?

The Villa - Newcastle game is listed as AVAILABLE AT 11:59 PM, does that mean it will be a replay, and not live?

I hate time zones.

If can live with Norwegian commentators, I can get you a nice online EPL package where you can see all 10x38 matches live, and about half of them in replay whenever you want. It costs about $70 for 3 months, plus $8 per month for a VPN service to get a Norwegian IP. Works like a charm for me.

I am Norwegian, only studying in Hawaii, so that shouldn't be a problem,

I assume you are talking about Tv2 Sumo. How do I get a VPN service (or, what is it, and how do I use it? :lol:)? If I managed that, I could probably fix it myself.

Foxsoccer.tv is fucking shit. I watched the Sunderland game yesterday, and it jumped back and forth with about 15 mins constantly, so I missed three of the goals. I also missed the replays at half time and full time due to this. Seemed to be the same trouble with the other games they sent as well. Needless to say, I want my mullah back. How can they justify to actually demand money for that service? :lol:

Looks like I'll be moving to Toronto next month, it's pretty much nailed on. Wheres the best place to go for Toon fans? It would be nice to see someone outside of England who supports a team outside the big 4

The Football Factory at Bathurst & Richmond is decent, usually full of plastic's though. Scallywags at Yonge & St. Clair usually has some Toon faithful there. Let me know when you're in town.

There must be a Toon bar in TO.

There must be a Toon bar in TO.

Not unless you start one.  There was a supporters club in the Beach, but that was years ago.

Guest DairylandMag

I have FoxSoccer.TV. It's worked pretty well for me most of the season, but I had major trouble with it jumping back last week. I didn't need it this week because the match was on FSC.

You should send a note to their support email. I know when they had some issues a month or two back, they gave subscribers an extra month for free. Can't hurt to try :)

I'm going to start planning a big pre-game p*ss-up at my favorite pub downtown, I'll let everyone know the details when I get more.

Celt? We should talk to the owners and give them a heads up - see what they can do...

I'm going to start planning a big pre-game p*ss-up at my favorite pub downtown, I'll let everyone know the details when I get more.

Celt? We should talk to the owners and give them a heads up - see what they can do...

Yeah I'm thinking that would be the best option.  We can actually catch the bus almost right outside of the pub and get dropped off in front of the Citrus Bowl.

Guest DairylandMag

From what WisconsinMagpie and I have heard, there will indeed be designated Newcastle supporters sections for the KC and Columbus matches. Stay tuned ...

Guest WisconsinMagpie

We've just been in touch with the clubs and we'll have links on our site (http://www.newcastleunited.us) for fans to buy tickets for the Newcastle supporters sections in Columbus and KC. Details should be announced soon. As for Orlando, as Cubaricho says, it's a 70,000-seat stadium, so I imagine Newcastle fans could huddle together just about anywhere. But we'll try to get details on that as well. Orlando City drew 8,000 for their opener which is actually remarkable for that level of football in the U.S., has their fans talking MLS - still, elbow room galore.

Guest toonarmymia

From what WisconsinMagpie and I have heard, there will indeed be designated Newcastle supporters sections for the KC and Columbus matches. Stay tuned ...

keep you posted, as some lads here in talks with orlando over section/deal

Guest WisconsinMagpie

Tickets go on sale tomorrow morning (Wednesday) at 10 a.m. Eastern for Columbus Crew-Newcastle United on July 26 in Columbus. The Newcastle supporters' section will be in the south end - our site now has a phone number and link to The Crew for Newcastle supporters' tickets: http://bit.ly/fCuPi4 - see some of you in Ohio we hope.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest WisconsinMagpie

Hey all - Sporting Kansas City has provided our site with a link to buy tickets in the Newcastle United supporters' section for the July 20 match, slightly ahead of tomorrow's release of tickets to the general public. Visit http://bit.ly/kfTPwt to join us in the NUFC section and we hope to meet you there!

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

There will be number of the Mobtown Magpies going to the Columbus match.  Still working on the numbers, but we're going to buy tickets in the south end of the stadium there, with all the other Newcastle supporters.  Can't wait!

Guest WisconsinMagpie

There will be number of the Mobtown Magpies going to the Columbus match.  Still working on the numbers, but we're going to buy tickets in the south end of the stadium there, with all the other Newcastle supporters.  Can't wait!

Mobtown Magpies - just saw your Facebook page. Are you the group that gets together at Slainte in Fells Point? If you like we can put a link to your club/Facebook page on our listing of US clubs and taverns where NUFC fans get together - we already have a link to Slainte: http://bit.ly/fy6Bxe

There will be three from the Milwaukee group in Columbus. At least four of us so far will be in KC for sure, and probably more - another three or four are making plans. No one from here going to Orlando that I know of.