Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's probably got a better contract than the manager in fairness and given he has no affiliation with the club historically I'm sure he doesn't give that much of a toss. As I've said before though I don't see him as a scout in the traditional sense, he hasn't unearthed any gems merely got us good deals that we probably shouldn't have been able to.

He's a Newcastle fan and has threatened to walkout before over how P45 plays the players he finds.

When did that happen? The only time there was any news of him close to walking was when we appointed Jokin' Here.

Guest antz1uk

He's probably got a better contract than the manager in fairness and given he has no affiliation with the club historically I'm sure he doesn't give that much of a toss. As I've said before though I don't see him as a scout in the traditional sense, he hasn't unearthed any gems merely got us good deals that we probably shouldn't have been able to.

Newcastle fain isn't he? sure he's from up here, Northumberland way i think

Our summer transfer business was shambolic. I don't really know who has the final say on who we actually sign (or is it a case of we sign the "best deal" on paper), but De Jong/ Janmaat aside we bought players who aren't yet equipped/ never will be equipped to play in the PL.

We have ended up with players who can't play how Pardew likes to set up his team. The failure to secure a goal scorer was almost a sackable offence in itself.

Something has to change and, on the basis that Pardew stays, Carr needs to start scouting better versions of Pardew type players than we currently have. The likes of Cabella haven't got a prayer under the clown we have as a manager. Listening to Pardew on his style of football and the reality makes you think he needs professional help.

Our summer transfer business was shambolic. I don't really know who has the final say on who we actually sign (or is it a case of we sign the "best deal" on paper), but De Jong/ Janmaat aside we bought players who aren't yet equipped/ never will be equipped to play in the PL.

We have ended up with players who can't play how Pardew likes to set up his team. The failure to secure a goal scorer was almost a sackable offence in itself.

Something has to change and, on the basis that Pardew stays, Carr needs to start scouting better versions of Pardew type players than we currently have. The likes of Cabella haven't got a prayer under the clown we have as a manager. Listening to Pardew on his style of football and the reality makes you think he needs professional help.

Nothing will change unless we get relegated. Ashley doesn't like to think too much about anything as long as long as the books are looking healthy.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Didn't know that. Always assumed he was from Northampton

Nah he's from up here.

Alan Graham Carr ("tooth fairy") was born in Northampton when Carr was manager there.

Last thing I want to see is anyone changing what they do to suit Pardew, just helps the piece of shit become even more ensconced.

• 2 months later...

Last thing I want to see is anyone changing what they do to suit Pardew, just helps the piece of shit become even more ensconced.

Apart from perez and colback for 2.5 million combined. And cabella who could come good given time... The only massive dud was rivieri...

Last thing I want to see is anyone changing what they do to suit Pardew, just helps the piece of s*** become even more ensconced.

Apart from perez and colback for 2.5 million combined. And cabella who could come good given time... The only massive dud was rivieri...

But tbh Perez could be one of the best transfers ever!

• 2 months later...

Does anyone else think  , this man has got off lightly up till now. He must carry his share of the blame for his role. Lots of players not up to starch, plus he was part of the team that decided Carver should be given a chance as manager....

hasn't he (allegedly) recommended managers? Not his fault the club is cheap. We don't know how far down his lists we had to go to get Riviere and Gouffran, since we won't fork out decent money for anyone good. Most of the other signings are decent enough. However nobody associated with this mess is entirely blameless.