Rayne Wooney banned for two games for sweary outburst

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Stephen927

Ferdinand got it spot on when he said he couldn't condone Rooney's actions, but that it was daft it was all over the front pages when far bigger things are happening in the world.

I think before his abject displays at the World Cup, the media would have brushed this under the carpet, Rooney would have taken his ban, and that's that.

So the FA have banned him for swearing, not for swearing at the camera. Makes the whole thing an even bigger joke.

Indeed ???

Thought that surely the whole point was that he did it into everyone's face.

I swear plenty myself but I recognise when it's acceptable and when it's not acceptable to do so. Football isn't broadcast after the watershed. Rooney spouting a load of abuse into a live TV camera is obviously not very clever. Would people's opinions of e.g. Shearer, Henry, etc. be the same if every time they scored a goal they shouted swear words (as Rooney often does)?

I swear plenty myself but I recognise when it's acceptable and when it's not acceptable to do so. Football isn't broadcast after the watershed. Rooney spouting a load of abuse into a live TV camera is obviously not very clever. Would people's opinions of e.g. Shearer, Henry, etc. be the same if every time they scored a goal they shouted swear words (as Rooney often does)?

He wasn't banned for doing it into the camera though, just for swearing. If players were banned every time they swore then no club would be able to field 11 players.

He wasn't banned for doing it into the camera though, just for swearing. If players were banned every time they swore then no club would be able to field 11 players.

There probably isn't a specific rule about swearing into a TV camera but there is one about swearing (which Referees rarely enforce). I bet people would complain if players regularly got booked for swearing but it is in the rules so the Refs would be entitled to do so.

There probably isn't a specific rule about swearing into a TV camera but there is one about swearing (which Referees rarely enforce). I bet people would complain if players regularly got booked for swearing but it is in the rules so the Refs would be entitled to do so.

True, but with this decision, the FA have now open the floodgates, every player caught swearing now will have to be banned.

Guest icemanblue

He has had it coming for ages, He is one of the most swear players in the league.

He should be ban, or even execute!

:lol:

True, but with this decision, the FA have now open the floodgates, every player caught swearing now will have to be banned.

I don't know what the specific rule is but if Refs gave a yellow card to any player who came up to them swearing about a decision they'd soon learn not to do it. It may stop teams crowding the officials too. I imagine it would help with the FA's Respect campaign.

As much as I love seeing YANITED and ROO suffer, this ban is just ridiculous.

Nah its now, if they didnt act then another player may do the same thing.  banning him now will put a stop to it.

If they didn't it could lead to all sorts of incidents.

I don't know what the specific rule is but if Refs gave a yellow card to any player who came up to them swearing about a decision they'd soon learn not to do it. It may stop teams crowding the officials too. I imagine it would help with the FA's Respect campaign.

So if they only get a yellow, why give Rooney a two game ban?

So if they only get a yellow, why give Rooney a two game ban?

Like I said, I don't know what the specific rule is. Anyway, as we all know, the FA do what the FA want.

Whether he should have been banned or not, there is a rule about swearing. The fact that it is rarely enforced is the issue rather than the fact that it has been in Rooney's case.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I mentioned this being the first time in a 'long time' that the FA have acted against Man U on Redcafe... oops.

The first time in a long time?? Really?? What about Rio's ban for missing a drug test when a Man City player got a 2k fine for the same offense a few weeks earlier? What about David Moyes calling Mike Riley a United fan before a game and getting away with it. What about Rio getting a 4 game ban for clipping a player on the back of the head off the ball, while Steven Gerrard and Mascherano got away with the exact same offense in the same season? What about Scholes and Rooney getting 3 game bans after getting a red card in the pre-season Amsterdam tournament, when Gerrard and Mellor got no such bans a year earlier for red cards in the same exact tournament???

I mentioned this being the first time in a 'long time' that the FA have acted against Man U on Redcafe... oops.

The first time in a long time?? Really?? What about Rio's ban for missing a drug test when a Man City player got a 2k fine for the same offense a few weeks earlier? What about David Moyes calling Mike Riley a United fan before a game and getting away with it. What about Rio getting a 4 game ban for clipping a player on the back of the head off the ball, while Steven Gerrard and Mascherano got away with the exact same offense in the same season? What about Scholes and Rooney getting 3 game bans after getting a red card in the pre-season Amsterdam tournament, when Gerrard and Mellor got no such bans a year earlier for red cards in the same exact tournament???

Big whoop though from him though. I'll compare a few examples of one giant club getting away with stuff to a handful of stuff another massive club got away with. Well done him. The petty tit

I think the biggest thing that annoys the hell out of me in this that everyone keeps talking about it like it's some massive milestone. Like the FA have turned a corner and are prepared to act and clean up the game. When we all know they'll just revert to type and hide at any major incident that happens for the next year to balance out this 'big' act.