Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

Can't imagine it'd be all that difficult to knick it off his back if you're the other team. Or you miss and send a boot into the back of his head, in which case he won't do it again.

I know it's a stupid hypothetical, but then wouldn't the high boot be penalised? I've honestly wondered about this since my playground days :lol:

:lol: I mean, it's gonna happen and you'll totally be vindicated

Assuming you could get out of your own penalty box with the ball balanced on your shoulder, and then all the way to the opposition penalty box the opposition goalie would then easily be able to pick it off your shoulder with his hands.

Assuming you could get out of your own penalty box with the ball balanced on your shoulder, and then all the way to the opposition penalty box the opposition goalie would then easily be able to pick it off your shoulder with his hands.

Trying to picture the stand off in the opposition penalty area :lol:

Wasn't there a brazilian player who used to balance the ball on his head and run towards the goal. (Nilmar maybe?)

Used to get hacked like fuck after a few attempts mind  [emoji38]

Kerlon?

Wasn't there a brazilian player who used to balance the ball on his head and run towards the goal. (Nilmar maybe?)

Used to get hacked like f*** after a few attempts mind  [emoji38]

Kerlon?

That'd be him. Seal-boy flopped massively at professional level.

I don't think there's a rule against it but it'd be disallowed for unsporting conduct or something like that.

This is the answer (although the rule is called playing in a dangerous manner) - it places the ball in such s position that it cannot be played legally without risk of injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest andyburn

What's the use of the fifth and sixth officials, extra linesmen, whatever they're called? I dont mean in making decisions, we all know linesmen just wait for the ref then agree, but why are they on the goalline that is adjacent to a linesman? Surely. if they are to serve a purpose, they should be on the opposite side i.e. the side on which the linesman patrols the opposite half, to the right of the goal?

Why can't goalkeepers place the ball onto a stooped-over defender's back, sort of near the shoulder blades and balance it up. Then the defender can run up the other end into the goal like a hunchback Forrest Gump?

cos it would roll off near their own 18 yard box and cause all sorts of defensive problems.

I'm sure you could angle your shoulder blades back to balance it up by your neck

If you're 1-0 up at half time and have kick off, is there anything to stop the ball being booted back, 10 men huddle round the ball so no one can get through, and keep it there for 45 minutes?

Why can't goalkeepers place the ball onto a stooped-over defender's back, sort of near the shoulder blades and balance it up. Then the defender can run up the other end into the goal like a hunchback Forrest Gump?

cos it would roll off near their own 18 yard box and cause all sorts of defensive problems.

I'm sure you could angle your shoulder blades back to balance it up by your neck

If you're 1-0 up at half time and have kick off, is there anything to stop the ball being booted back, 10 men huddle round the ball so no one can get through, and keep it there for 45 minutes?

obstruction

The ball just needs to be "within playing distance" to avoid an impeding (obstruction) call, which varies based upon the speed at which the players are moving, so it could conceivably not be impeding if the circle of players was small enough.

It would definitely be "unsporting behaviour" in the opinion of this referee regardless, and it'd be a yellow card (or even better, a second yellow) for whichever bastard I liked the least on the team that tried it.

• 2 weeks later...

How far down the leagues do you have to go, in England, until you start seeing artificial pitches?

I was just thinking about how there's at least one in most European top flights now.

How far down the leagues do you have to go, in England, until you start seeing artificial pitches?

I was just thinking about how there's at least one in most European top flights now.

I think they are still banned in the football league. A few grounds in Scottish professional football have them.

Do we start a new financial year with our accounts tomorrow? I know the accounts run a year in arrears but are they always dated July 1st to June 30th.

Just thinking out loud about how we're going to arrange deals and cash in and out of the club to comply with ffp. 

:milner:

Guest andyburn

I was under the impression that at kickoff,  the ball first has to cross the centre line in a forward manner.  Just watched Ronaldo kick-off by passing it back... Or am I wrong?