Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

If we wanted to...could we bring a player into the first team, now, who wasn't attached to any club/contract?

My understanding is you could sign a player in that instance but whether they would be able to be registered by the PL is another matter...

That window passes in march.

Ah :thup:

statto.com will do well for everything but injuries, e.g.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/newcastle-united/2012-2013

charts for league position over time are at bottom.

edit: oh, think I misread it. all of that on a per-match basis? not that I know of.

Yeah, week-by-week. Don't think I'll be finding it tbh.

Thanks, stattos the best I've got so far :thup: , I can get it week by week with a bit of tinkering but not in any downloadable format as far as I can see

• 3 weeks later...

statto.com will do well for everything but injuries, e.g.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/newcastle-united/2012-2013

charts for league position over time are at bottom.

edit: oh, think I misread it. all of that on a per-match basis? not that I know of.

Yeah, week-by-week. Don't think I'll be finding it tbh.

Thanks, stattos the best I've got so far :thup: , I can get it week by week with a bit of tinkering but not in any downloadable format as far as I can see

http://www.football-lineups.com/

Is OK for line-ups and injuries, if a little fugly. Again you're gonna need to do it match by match though.

Not usually no. Don't know if there's some scenario this season involving Man City and/or Liverpool winning a European trophy that would mean 3rd became a qualifying position rather than automatic. Suspect not but I'm not up to date with the current rules.

What's the actual reason for a player having to go off the pitch after getting treatment? Also what's the rule as to when the ref waves them back on? Because sometimes they make them wait ages, other times they come on almost straight away

To act as a prevention to time-wasting, otherwise players would constantly drop to the floor in the last few minutes to get treatment. If they have to go off, they're down to 10 men and disadvantage themselves by doing so.

Is there any difference between finishing 2nd and 3rd re: the champions league? Assume not.

Absolutely none.

Except more often than not players get treatment, break up the play and then come straight back on with any offensive being lost. Complete joke. Like what exactly can the physios fix there and then? Cuts maybe? Anything else should mean they're genuinely injured and incapable of continuing. I'd enforce that more personally. If you're treated for an injury it should mean your off the pitch for a minimal 3 minutes or some shit. Would stop all of this feigning bollocks.

Except more often than not players get treatment, break up the play and then come straight back on with any offensive being lost. Complete joke. Like what exactly can the physios fix there and then? Cuts maybe? Anything else should mean they're genuinely injured and incapable of continuing. I'd enforce that more personally. If you're treated for an injury it should mean your off the pitch for a minimal 3 minutes or some s***. Would stop all of this feigning bollocks.

They're changing the rule for next season, that if a player is booked or sent off for a foul that causes a player to be injured, the 'injured' player doesn't have to leave the pitch.

To me seems like more of an invitation for a player to over-exaggerate a foul in aid of getting a player booked and wasting time.

• 2 weeks later...

Have Bournemouth been the most anonymous team in PL history?

I can't remember a single thing they done..including games against us..

They would have had more attention had Liecester not won the league.

You think that's anonymous, Rooney has scored 14 goals this season. Aside from against us I can't recall any of his other goals.

When we last got promoted from the Championship, what was the fixture(s) that confirmed us as promoted/champions ?

I can't remember if we won or if it all happened as a result of another fixture.

When we last got promoted from the Championship, what was the fixture(s) that confirmed us as promoted/champions ?

I can't remember if we won or if it all happened as a result of another fixture.

Plymouth Monday night game I think.

Plymouth Monday night game I think.

Scenes. Plymouth fans were great too considering they were relegated.