Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

what would happen to NUFC legally if Ashley died suddenly, would it be considered part of an inheritance or summat? 

Llambias comes back.  :scared:

yikes.  so, it wouldn't go to his wife or kid or some such?

Kill them all. :thup:

:lol:

:whistle:

It'll be set up under some company arrangement for the shareholders to benefit. Don't worry, we're all being abused here, not just you. :(

oh, i know it's not just me, and i really feel for lifelong ST holders who are really being put in a bind.  just wish MA would simply get bored of this now & bail.

Could a manager just put an outfield player in goal? Or do they have to be registered as a GK?

Someone must be designated as the GK (the one wearing the funny coloured shirt).  Doesn't have to play in goal specifically, but someone must be designated as the GK so that the referee knows who can use their hands in the Penalty Area.

What do kids under the age of 10-12 in the city of Newcastle think of Newcastle United? Do they care? Do they dream of wearing the #9 shirt or miss Hatem? Or do they care about other things, different sports, or follow the top teams?

Does the shiteness of Newcastle and Sunderland in the PL hamper the development or interest of young kids in playing football? Or is outside of that realm?

Could a manager just put an outfield player in goal? Or do they have to be registered as a GK?

Someone must be designated as the GK (the one wearing the funny coloured shirt).  Doesn't have to play in goal specifically, but someone must be designated as the GK so that the referee knows who can use their hands in the Penalty Area.

They have to wear a shirt different in colour to either team and the officials, but not the other GK if there's no other top for either gk to change into though.

What do kids under the age of 10-12 in the city of Newcastle think of Newcastle United? Do they care? Do they dream of wearing the #9 shirt or miss Hatem? Or do they care about other things, different sports, or follow the top teams?

Does the shiteness of Newcastle and Sunderland in the PL hamper the development or interest of young kids in playing football? Or is outside of that realm?

This is one of my main concerns about the club. It's the reason why, if I had a young lad, I'd sweep the hatred under the rug and take him to the game. We say that the club is dead - me included - but fortunately it's still hyperbole at this point. But lose the young generation and you really are killing the club at the source.

I probably know the answer to this, but in the likes of La Liga etc when fans celebrate a goal and we hear a different sound to what we make, is that them just screaming 'YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!' in their native tongue?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm actually quite curious. Given the structure we had in place under Fergie and our success in England, what would be most of your opinions of LVG at the moment? A lot of you still seem pretty patient with McClaren and rightly so IMO. I'd like to see how many of you would want LVG gone given the recent performances. Obvious this is all hypothetical. If Newcastle had the last five years than Man United had, how many of you would back LVG at this time, and of those who say he should have been sacked, how long ago do you think it should have happened?

I'm actually quite curious. Given the structure we had in place under Fergie and our success in England, what would be most of your opinions of LVG at the moment? A lot of you still seem pretty patient with McClaren and rightly so IMO. I'd like to see how many of you would want LVG gone given the recent performances. Obvious this is all hypothetical. If Newcastle had the last five years than Man United had, how many of you would back LVG at this time, and of those who say he should have been sacked, how long ago do you think it should have happened?

Needs to binned off and I'd have been calling since Stoke (a), I half assume they'll wait until the CL isn't possible as they did with Moyes but the way he's been given the luxuries that Moyes wasn't and hasn't improved it much, if at all, and is still there seems very odd. Not like there isn't alternatives either.

My main worry if I was a Man U fan would be that he's not arsed about it changing because he's done after and his rep will be in tact regardless. He's obviously stubborn as owt so he's not going to change either. I'd also be fucked off at the way he's treated some of the better players he's had, Di Maria being the main one.

Both valid points like. The football is absolutely terrible. It's the stubbornness that annoys me. The 4-2-3-1 with no variation. The fact we overpaid for a kid and he's the best hope we have is a sad indication of how this reign will be.

I actually had a discussion with a friend today about Di Maria Disco. We didn't care that he left despite his undeniable class. We're now wondering is it all LVG's fault. At the same time he just didn't look interested at all on the pitch when he was asked to play a different game to the one he played at Madrid. He just looked like he wanted gone, and regardless of whether or not you agree with the managers tactics, I believe you should give it 100% until the end of your contract/until you are sold.

His approach doesn't make sense at all like. At least the likes of Jose normally wait until theyre 1 or 2 up to be horifically pragmatic. In the shoes of a gloryseeker, would struggle to get behind being actively bored to death with a team worth hundreds of billions. Lob out the '20 times' pencil case and look for entertainment elsewhere.

http://i1.chroniclelive.co.uk/incoming/article7617512.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/edward-shirt-01.jpg

Both valid points like. The football is absolutely terrible. It's the stubbornness that annoys me. The 4-2-3-1 with no variation. The fact we overpaid for a kid and he's the best hope we have is a sad indication of how this reign will be.

I actually had a discussion with a friend today about Di Maria Disco. We didn't care that he left despite his undeniable class. We're now wondering is it all LVG's fault. At the same time he just didn't look interested at all on the pitch when he was asked to play a different game to the one he played at Madrid. He just looked like he wanted gone, and regardless of whether or not you agree with the managers tactics, I believe you should give it 100% until the end of your contract/until you are sold.

You're right he wanted out and I don't think he settled fully but generally these problems can be bypassed if the football is alright, look at Tevez for example. For me though, you don't buy someone like him and then tell him to totally change the way he plays.

Then to replace with him with the same sort of character in Depay, even less sense.

You're right he wanted out and I don't think he settled fully but generally these problems can be bypassed if the football is alright, look at Tevez for example. For me though, you don't buy someone like him and then tell him to totally change the way he plays.

Then to replace with him with the same sort of character in Depay, even less sense.

You catch his goals for PSG this weekend? Well worth checking out if not. Really hope he carries his league form into the Champions League and runs riot agaisnt Chelsea. When he's on form there's not many midfielders I'd rather watch in world football.

Manchester United fans want style and when they get that, then with the quality of player they usually have, then success generally follows.

Since I've been watching football, Manchester United have always played with a verve and in an attacking manner. Except for three managers. Dave Sexton, who bought some right shite, Birtles and Davenport from Forest the main two, Moyes, who didn't really get long enough, but his direct style wasn't winning him many fans nor enough points, and LVG, who to my mind, actually is playing a less attractive brand than Moyes after spending a shitload more than him .

Similarly, the same three managers are the only three in my period of watching who haven't won a trophy at Manchester United. So it's obvious, attack teams with the quality of player that Man United can always bring up or acquire, and success will follow.

I'd have binned him well before now when Klopp was available,and given him the gig.

I was having this discussion with a man united ST holder at work this morning. He reckons under any other circumstances Van Gaal is doing an ok job and they're just about heading in the right direction. Ish. But having been spoiled rotten for the previous twenty years, sitting back and letting provincial plebs like Newcastle come at them in waves just isn't on.

I'd mentioned a stat that flashed up on the telly a couple of weeks ago, where we'd had a ten minute spell of something like 80% possession against them. I said we never see that much of the ball against anyone. If we played our under 19s it wouldn't happen so no wonder the average manc is a bit pissed off.

Why was Cech going up for a corner accepted? Is it really legal?

Much like how players making their studs longer or adding weight to boots was made illegal as it'd give advantage, why isnt Cech's head guard illegal in terms of out field headers? It's got massive soft rubber pads all over the outside of it. If he got a header on it from a corner, the ball would surely rocket off it..