Arsene Wenger

Parky

Fact is the real joke is that a slimey, horrible b****** like Redknapp who has 1 trophy to his name (bankrupting a club in the process) is the media's darling while Wenger is being systematically derided and ridiculed.

:lol:

Regarding Cesc, had Arsenal been more successful I reckon he'd not been as desperate to come here. When he left Arsenal were miles ahead of us.

Anyhow, the tragedy of Wenger is that when the Invincibles were dismantled (and I think that generally he made the good call in letting the likes of Henry/Pires etc... go at the time he did), he banked everything on a group of players that five years down the road have left the club (Nasri, Clichy, Adebayor, Fàbregas...), so now he's back to square one with the added pressure of years of not winning anything.

Now, I am going to make a little exercise.

Schestnut

Sagna Touré  Vermaelen Clichy

Song

Wilshere              Nasri

Fàbregas                   

Adebayor  RVP

Would have this been a trophy-winning side? That's the sort of team that Arsenal would be lining up if Wenger had been able to hold on the players that back in 2006 he devised as the substitutes to the Invincibles (give or take the Eboues, Bendters, Djourous and Diabys)

No question that's a much better side, and illustrates the point I've been trying to make. Four of those players went to Man City, and in the new financial climate, they're difficult for Arsenal to replace.

On a side point, I've often felt that Arsenal's style demands a really top striker to make it work. They need someone comfortable on the ball who can participate in their passing style, but who is also strong enough to get on the end of chances in the penalty area. RVP is the only striker they have who looks the part, and even then not always.

Agreed totally. Arsene really hasn't adjusted to this as it unfolded.

Answer - no.

O0

Won't finish in the top 4.

I'd say they had a decent chance myself.

Today's performance showed what that side can do with a bit of determination and belief. Wenger's strategy demands a high level of confidence from his players. They've struggled to find it recently, but today it was there. And for me, there's no finer sight in English football than Arsenal in full flow.

Pleased for Wenger, has achieved an enormous amount in the game whilst playing football that everyone recognises as being in the top five-ten teams in the world. I don't believe they'll challenge for the title again under Wenger but I do think they'll play far better football than they have done this season and will be a force. What he's done for that club cannot be underestimated and if I was an Arsenal fan I'd be firmly in the camp of supporting him. If we'd had someone of his quality in long-term (Bobby and Keegan had such short spells) we'd have won the PL

The irony of Newcastle fans under Pardew calling Wenger a joke. :lol:

Er, not really when Pardew is competing with Wenger with a far weaker team and budget.

"you may be sixth but your football isn't the most attractive I've seen and that's down to Pardew" - the most hurtful words other supporters can say.  There's no comeback.  It hurts because it's true.  Why are we cursed with him?

"you may be sixth but your football isn't the most attractive I've seen and that's down to Pardew" - the most hurtful words other supporters can say.  There's no comeback.  It hurts because it's true.  Why are we cursed with him?

Oh no, rival fans don't think our football is attractive! That cuts deep.

Guest neesy111

Well most of our own fans don't like the football we are playing as well. :lol:

Well most of our own fans don't like the football we are playing as well. :lol:

True, I don't like it myself. I just don't care when rival fans say stuff like "you may be 6th but...".

People who question Wenger as a football manager and labelling him a joke obviously have no clue about football. He believes in his team, he believes in his football philosphy of how football should be played. He maybe naive at times but it's only because he believes himself that keeping the ball on the floor, passing and moving is th best way for his side to beat any team in the world, weather it's Barcelona or Acrrington Stanley, or weather he is 3-0 down nd 3-0 up, he won't change his style.

People who question Wenger as a football manager and labelling him a joke obviously have no clue about football. He believes in his team, he believes in his football philosphy of how football should be played. He maybe naive at times but it's only because he believes himself that keeping the ball on the floor, passing and moving is th best way for his side to beat any team in the world, weather it's Barcelona or Acrrington Stanley, or weather he is 3-0 down nd 3-0 up, he won't change his style.

Ain't been working for a decade tho has it? ;)