Arsene Wenger

Parky

I think he's made a mistake by not jumping into the race to sign Osvaldo. Classy player, and they need some hardness upfront. I know the bloke is a bit of mentalist, but he's a guy with alot of pride (wears his heart on his sleeve, runs all day - like Bellamy). 

I think he's made a mistake by not jumping into the race to sign Osvaldo. Classy player, and they need some hardness upfront. I know the bloke is a bit of mentalist, but he's a guy with alot of pride (wears his heart on his sleeve, runs all day - like Bellamy). 

Pablo Osvaldo? :lol:

I wouldn't rate him higher than Giroud like

Pablo Osvaldo? :lol:

Looks like somebody who doesn't hide (or shrivel up) when things are going against his team. Exactly the sort of 'character' Arsenal (fair weather sailors) have been crying out for ages. He DOESN'T sit in the Bellamy sphere, pace-wise as a pure burner, but he's not an all-out central striker either - lovely first touch & turn, and enough pace (off-the-mark) to beat a pressing defender.  Excellent footballer.

EDIT

Osvaldo's great, and as you say he never gives up. Quite remember several games at Espanyol where everybody was walking on the pitch, one or two goals behind and he'd still chase every long ball directed at him.

He's pretty talented too, he's more of a second striker to me rather than an all-out goalscorer.

Wenger keeps sayign there are few players who are of the necessary class to improve them.

Paulinho, Soldado and Capoue have all gone to Spurs this summer, and would have all been upgrades on the players Arsenal have!

They would all likely have chosen Arsenal over Spurs too.

Jokes.

Guest neesy111

Wenger keeps sayign there are few players who are of the necessary class to improve them.

Paulinho, Soldado and Capoue have all gone to Spurs this summer, and would have all been upgrades on the players Arsenal have!

They would all likely have chosen Arsenal over Spurs too.

Jokes.

Its just an excuse, like he's made for the last 4 years.  Has zero credibility in the bank now.

Guest neesy111

Arsenal have more cash in the bank i.e. bank balance than the rest of the PL combined apparently at 154M.

You can see why their fans are pissed off.

I like his philosophy of bringing youngsters through and playing on the front foot, but with most of the league spending, it's been evident for a long time that they have to follow suit.

I like his philosophy of bringing youngsters through and playing on the front foot, but with most of the league spending, it's been evident for a long time that they have to follow suit.

they haven't been following the youngsters plan for a couple of seasons with purchases like Arteta and Mertesacker they've just not being going for the top players when they can very evidently afford it now

What must be so frustrating for Arsenal fans is that they know Wenger is a good manager as well. Unlike us, even if we did sign the players we wanted we don't really trust Pardew to get the best out of them.

Arsenal have replaced players like Fabregas and RVP with poor man's versions, you can't do that with World Class players and hope to be still as a good a team. They are two class players away (Suarez/Rooney & Gustavo) away from a title challenge IMO but because of them standing still Spurs have a very good chance of beating them to 4th.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-star-oxlade-chamberlains-knee-injury-2183784

well that would leave them up the creek and thats before Wilshire inevitably picks up some injury and Rosicky breaks in half

That's a blow for them and the lad.

Noticed the use of "over the line" in the article when referring to their offer for Ashley Williams :) Pardewisms are catching on :(

What must be so frustrating for Arsenal fans is that they know Wenger is a good manager as well. Unlike us, even if we did sign the players we wanted we don't really trust Pardew to get the best out of them.

Arsenal have replaced players like Fabregas and RVP with poor man's versions, you can't do that with World Class players and hope to be still as a good a team. They are two class players away (Suarez/Rooney & Gustavo) away from a title challenge IMO but because of them standing still Spurs have a very good chance of beating them to 4th.

Wengers clearly a good manager or at least was but he seems so indecisive on transfers, seems to dilly dally over deciding whether or not to go for someone or not

Have Arsenal just not bothered with any scouting for the last couple of years?

It's pretty obvious what is going on.

They get tremendous stick from their fans on Saturday, so Monday morning, Arsene is hitting up google or maybe browsing Fifa Ultimate Team, looking to see where he can buy someone. Anyone, just get someone in.

Have Arsenal just not bothered with any scouting for the last couple of years?

It's pretty obvious what is going on.

They get tremendous stick from their fans on Saturday, so Monday morning, Arsene is hitting up google or maybe browsing Fifa Ultimate Team, looking to see where he can buy someone. Anyone, just get someone in.

ridiculous how they've fallen apart in the transfer department last few years. They've descended into panic buy and crisis mode after one fucking game when they should have been sorting out these things a month ago when they're most important game is on wednesday