Arsene Wenger

Parky

Arsenal have made the classic NUFC mistake of treating the transfer window as a whole whereby they think it doesn't matter when you get players in and that it's fine if you do it in the last week. Does my fucking head in, the points we've hoyed down the drain over the years in August. Course, nowadays we don't even wait till August, we stick it out until January.

Should have all your business completely tied up by the first day of pre-season training, anything after that should only be reactive.

Well, to be fair, most of our transfer targets for this summer were sorted out so far in advance that we bought them all in January.

Arsenal have made the classic NUFC mistake of treating the transfer window as a whole whereby they think it doesn't matter when you get players in and that it's fine if you do it in the last week. Does my fucking head in, the points we've hoyed down the drain over the years in August.

See also: O'Neill, Martin.

Arsenal have made the classic NUFC mistake of treating the transfer window as a whole whereby they think it doesn't matter when you get players in and that it's fine if you do it in the last week. Does my fucking head in, the points we've hoyed down the drain over the years in August. Course, nowadays we don't even wait till August, we stick it out until January.

Should have all your business completely tied up by the first day of pre-season training, anything after that should only be reactive.

Well, to be fair, most of our transfer targets for this summer were sorted out so far in advance that we bought them all in January.

It's funny your heroes don't admit that and act on like we're always on the verge of getting "1 or 2" more in then.

Guest bimpy474

I cant understand why the window doesn't close on the Friday before the season starts

Because not all leagues start at the same time, i think the end of August covers virtually all the others, bar Turkey i think.

Guest chopey

I cant understand why the window doesn't close on the Friday before the season starts

Because not all leagues start at the same time, i think the end of August covers virtually all the others, bar Turkey i think.

I suppose so, maybe the clubs should take it upon themselves to get players in before the season starts then

You're confused, last summer was sorted in January, this summer is still to sort.

Arsenal have made the classic NUFC mistake of treating the transfer window as a whole whereby they think it doesn't matter when you get players in and that it's fine if you do it in the last week. Does my fucking head in, the points we've hoyed down the drain over the years in August.

See also: O'Neill, Martin.

also Pulis, Tony

they could struggle against Fenerbache this week, whatever about us not sorting out signings blah blah blah pardew out blah blah blah it is patently ridiculous that a club with Arsenals resources haven't gotten anyone of note in when they have 2 hugely important games which the entire basis of how they run the club is decided

Each league has a different deadline to buy players for, just because our deadline ends at such a time it doesn't stop others from ending. It would be easy for Premiership clubs to end their transfer business before the start of the Premiership season, it's up to clubs then if they wish to sell their players outside of the window of them being able to buy replacements.

It's about time Arsenal sacked Wenger, appointed someone else and go into some kind of free fall.

Yes the amount they change for tickets is obscene but to have been spoilt with Champions League football and arguably some of the best entertainment of the last 10 or so years, I hope they get someone who totally changes the mentality of the club in favour of 'results'. Who then proceeds to ruin everything.

That geezer needs to try and support us. Worrying about the lies his club and media are telling imagine when he starts hearing JFK's and Pardew's s***?

This is where we are just kind of in our own bubble though, thinking we are the only ones who should feel hard done by, other clubs have major problems as well, just on a bigger scale. Yes they are kicking up a fuss about lack of trophies over past 8 year or so and aren’t content with 4th but they have a good right not be. If we put in their position we would be exactly the same. They have got mug written across their foreheads, just the way we all have.

Even if they spent they'd be miles behind Manchester United, Chelsea and Manchester City, who can just go out and spend even more if necessary.

Fourth is the most they can hope for and even that looks under threat.  It's hilarious watching their fans lose it.

They finished above Chelsea 2 seasons ago (as did we) and 2 points behind them last season.

Do they need to sell their best players every season? Obviously players pushing to leave is difficult to deal with but imo the reason these players are forcing moves is because Arsenal refuse to take the plunge.

Also given they are one of the most profitable clubs in the world they could spend more, I would be frustrated as an Arsenal fan. They really seem like a level or two up version of us. It always feels like they are so close to doing something good but for no obvious reason just don't make that little leap.

They have a class manager and a good squad, with the money they have knocking about I really don't see why they can't compete with the ridiculous spenders that are around them (they almost are as it is). You look at their signings the last few years and there are very few that stand out as top level players despite them constantly being in the champions league.

Since 2008 they are about £50,000,000 up on transfers  :undecided:

If Arsenal did sign Suarez and Gusatvo I think they would be looking very strong. Also if Vermalen finds form again I thought they would have pushed the top 3 a bit.

180m in the bank apparently.

Guest chopey

They need to spend it on a backbone for there team, keeper, defender, center mid and goalscorer, I honestly dont think there is much difference between our first team and theirs