Arsene Wenger

Parky

Guest Howaythetoon

I can't stop myself laughing when anyone complains about 8 years without a trophy. When they get to 30 we can maybe start talking.

To be fair to them, we have never regularly challenged for honours since the 50s whereas they always regularly challenge. My brother in law supports them, season ticket holder etc. and he wants Wenger out and so do thousands of others no doubt.

For me, he has lost his way as a manager and has failed to mould Arsenal into a winning side. You can argue about lack of funds etc. but they still spend good money. He forever buys the wrong player though or rather the wrong type for the position he buys for and that lets him down badly.

Guest neesy111

I can't stop myself laughing when anyone complains about 8 years without a trophy. When they get to 30 we can maybe start talking.

They are a big club though, I'm pretty sure Ferguson would be struggling after 8 years without a trophy.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, its must crippling with all those Champions League games to watch in the meantime. Spoilt feckers.

To be fair to them, we have never regularly challenged for honours since the 50s whereas they always regularly challenge. My brother in law supports them, season ticket holder etc. and he wants Wenger out and so do thousands of others no doubt.

For me, he has lost his way as a manager and has failed to mould Arsenal into a winning side. You can argue about lack of funds etc. but they still spend good money. He forever buys the wrong player though or rather the wrong type for the position he buys for and that lets him down badly.

Said at the start of the season that Gervinho is still rubbish and that Giroud won't get 10 goals.

Said at the start of the season that Gervinho is still rubbish and that Giroud won't get 10 goals.

He's not going to get 3 goals between now and the end of the season?

He's not going to get 3 goals between now and the end of the season?

PL goals. How many has he got? :lol:

IMO there's been a lot of drama over the sales of Fabregas and Van Persie to the detriment of the club in general. For all the badge kissing and pretenses of loyalty, Arsenal are right up there with Liverpool when it comes to the delusion that their best players would never leave them for better opportunities.

All this "can they do it without Henry/Vieira/Fabregas/RVP" bollocks has put a huge amount of unnecessary pressure on Wenger (some of which he's brought onto himself) as these darlings have all now gone, and suddenly it seems like all the great work he's done in the past counts for nothing.

The guy is a brilliant manager, and I think he's just gone stale at Arsenal, and it's time to move on.

IMO there's been a lot of drama over the sales of Fabregas and Van Persie to the detriment of the club in general. For all the badge kissing and pretenses of loyalty, Arsenal are right up there with Liverpool when it comes to the delusion that their best players would never leave them for better opportunities.

All this "can they do it without Henry/Vieira/Fabregas/RVP" bollocks has put a huge amount of unnecessary pressure on Wenger (some of which he's brought onto himself) as these darlings have all now gone, and suddenly it seems like all the great work he's done in the past counts for nothing.

The guy is a brilliant manager, and I think he's just gone stale at Arsenal, and it's time to move on.

The new stadium did for a while drain their financial side, but apparently now they are healthy with new deals in place. Rumours are that he has had 70-100m to spend last couple of seasons but seems reluctant to go for it and get the 2/3 real top tier playrs they clearly need (not this Gervinho, Giroud bullshit).

The keeper problem has been going on for a decade it seemslike. :lol: And get a couple of proper centrebacks ffs!

• 1 month later...