Chelsea vs Newcastle United Pre-match thread (15/05/2011 - 1.30pm, live on Sky)

Anderson

Guest prestonj1989

Has it actually been confirmed that Tiote won't play? Even though he has the risk of suspension I would be surprised if he was left out when the only alternative is Richardson.

He didn't travel with the team to London.

Madness

Has it actually been confirmed that Tiote won't play? Even though he has the risk of suspension I would be surprised if he was left out when the only alternative is Richardson.

He didn't travel with the team to London.

Madness

Hardly madness when the game is meaningless and he's one booking away from a suspension.

Guest prestonj1989

There is always something to play for.1500 fans have paid £50 to watch a competitive game.

Guest michaelfoster

Both LuaLua and Vuckic in the squad for this one. I'd rather play Vuckic ahead of Richardson.

Thought Lua Lua was still out injured?

There's a fair bit to play for if you consider losing both our last two games could see us finishing in 16th place if other results went against us. That would be a fair whack of cash, something like 800k per place isn't it?

I think it will be:

Krul

Simpson

Taylor

Campbell

Enrique

Taylor

Colo

Barton

Jonas

Shola

Lovenkrands

He's not in the squad.

Provisional squad: Krul, Soderberg, Simpson, Ferguson, Enrique, Coloccini, S. Taylor, R. Taylor, Barton, Gutierrez, Vuckic, Tavernier, Richardson, Lovenkrands, Shola Ameobi, Ranger, Kuqi, LuaLua, McDermott, Donaldson, Sammy Ameobi.

Krul

Simpson    Colo        Taylor    Enrique

Barton  Vuckic

R Taylor                                Jonas

Ranger  Ameobi

Guest MrSundlofer

I think it will be:

Krul

Simpson

Taylor

Campbell

Enrique

Taylor

Colo

Barton

Jonas

Shola

Lovenkrands

He's not in the squad.

Provisional squad: Krul, Soderberg, Simpson, Ferguson, Enrique, Coloccini, S. Taylor, R. Taylor, Barton, Gutierrez, Vuckic, Tavernier, Richardson, Lovenkrands, Shola Ameobi, Ranger, Kuqi, LuaLua, McDermott, Donaldson, Sammy Ameobi.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Coloccini  Enrique

Barton McDermott

Ranger  Vuckic  Jonás

Ameobi

Naaa, I don't know.. But we may need a 5-man midfield on Sunday. And Vuckic is probably not fit, and McDermott won't play.

Some of these (completely plausible) XI's being posted, honestly man, the planets are going to align on Sunday afternoon or something. We'll see a performance of which the world has never seen before.

Well, since Stevenage anyway.

He's not in the squad.

Fucking hell man. Might give this game a wide berth. 7 players proven to be good enough for the league in that squad.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Enrique

Barton Someone

Someone  Vuckic.  Jonas

Ranger

:lol:                     

I'm probably wrong, but didn't we play Donaldson in CM in a few pre-season games this year?

I'm really struggling to imagine the team we'll put out for this game, the best I can think of will include Ranger, Ameobi and Lovenkrands starting in a 4-3-3 formation, but again the CM is still a weak link as we only seem to have 1 match fit CM.