Sammy Ameobi released

James

• 1 month later...

I think he'll play about 15-18 first team games next season, mainly in the cups and as a substitute. That'd be a good breakthrough for him though, if Vuckic, Ferguson or Abeid could manage anywhere near that it'd be terrific for them also.

I think he'll play about 15-18 first team games next season, mainly in the cups and as a substitute. That'd be a good breakthrough for him though, if Vuckic, Ferguson or Abeid could manage anywhere near that it'd be terrific for them also.

Agreed. His position makes it easier for him to come in when there's injuries etc. I'm not surprised the likes of Perch, Raylor and Gosling were preferred to the likes of Vuckic and Abeid last season, as centre-mid is a much more critical position than down the wing. I'd actually kinda forgotten about Sammy, he was very raw but didn't do badly when called upon last year - he'll be a good squad member to have this* season for definite. If only for some substitute appearances against tired legs. We've got a canny bench when everyone's fit, plenty of pace to hurt teams late on.

*officially as of tomorrow :smitten:

I hope he hasn't bulked up too much at the expense of his speed, but he did look bit to scrawny for the premier league, reasonably confident he has the right attitude to make the most out of what talent he has, so just a question of if he's good enough.

• 2 weeks later...