Sammy Ameobi released

James

I am really surprised how underrated he is on here.  He always looks dangerous to me and looks like he has the potential to improve.

A 22-year-old with the potential to improve. Brave assertion there, like.

Cheers mate.  Not impossible to work out what I was saying without being an arse.

I am really surprised how underrated he is on here.  He always looks dangerous to me and looks like he has the potential to improve.

A 22-year-old with the potential to improve. Brave assertion there, like.

Cheers mate.  Not impossible to work out what I was saying without being an arse.

For ronaldo, it is.

He's a 22 year old who has only played 38 Premier League games and I assume a lot of those might have been as a sub.  It isn't that strange to point out that he might improve with more games and coaching (although probably not here) nor does his current level of ability indicate that he'll never make it.  Players develop at different rates and, given his limited game time, Sammy might be one of those players who develops later than others. 

From what I've seen of him, he's pretty raw but he's certainly got talent.  He doesn't look out of place in the Premier League now so I am not sure why he wouldn't be worth persisting with.

Injured and out of the next two games. Always happens.

Pardew will still find a way to leave Cabella out. Gouffran left, Sissoko right and a middle three of Abeid, Tiote and Wor Jack.

Nah, Cabella will start and be isolated as fuck against Chelsea and then be dropped again. Abeid and Perez will make room for Colback and Sissoko with Cissé up front.

I think this lad has arrived. He's in the last year of his contract and it worries me that he's going to play a blinder against a big club and someone's going to come in for him. We should offer him a new deal now.

He's a 22 year old who has only played 38 Premier League games and I assume a lot of those might have been as a sub.  It isn't that strange to point out that he might improve with more games and coaching (although probably not here) nor does his current level of ability indicate that he'll never make it.  Players develop at different rates and, given his limited game time, Sammy might be one of those players who develops later than others. 

From what I've seen of him, he's pretty raw but he's certainly got talent.  He doesn't look out of place in the Premier League now so I am not sure why he wouldn't be worth persisting with.

Agree here. The improvement needs to come with decision making in that final third. He often seems to do the good thing and then hesitate. It sometimes doesn't even take a good coach to spot that and somehow inspire him to change. Sometimes it just comes naturally with experience, or could even come from an older teammate having a word etc..

Sammy is not miles off being a solid squad winger for us. I would prefer us to have someone better in that position, and relegate Sammy to impact sub status. If he can take his game up a notch or two though, he can be a real asset.

Agree here. The improvement needs to come with decision making in that final third. He often seems to do the good thing and then hesitate. It sometimes doesn't even take a good coach to spot that and somehow inspire him to change. Sometimes it just comes naturally with experience, or could even come from an older teammate having a word etc..

Sammy is not miles off being a solid squad winger for us. I would prefer us to have someone better in that position, and relegate Sammy to impact sub status. If he can take his game up a notch or two though, he can be a real asset.

i agree with this entirely, its a shame that people just immediately put him in the "he is an ameobi so he must be shit" bracket. At last he trys to take players on and has a bit pace and trickery about him

Guest Roger Kint

it worries me that he's going to play a blinder against a big club and someone's going to come in for him

:lol: it worries me that you're allowed access to the internet

:lol:

I think this lad has arrived. He's in the last year of his contract and it worries me that he's going to play a blinder against a big club and someone's going to come in for him. We should offer him a new deal now.

Agree with this he has bulked out and massively improved this year. Quick, Skillful, intelligent player, more creative but does have an eye for goal too, 6'5 tall, tracks back well, looks much stronger than last season and he will get stronger.

Definitely get him and Aarons  a new contract ASAP

For the 2 wing positions we have Sammy, Aarons, Cabella and Obertan. Which is pretty good. That young Callum Roberts looks good too i'd like to see more of him.

Stop playing Gouffran there Alan FFS you really have fucked things up bringing him back and putting him on the wing.

I like him and think he has improved massively.  Still needs to know when to release the ball sometimes but if he was french and cost 10 million he's be cut a lot more slack.

Tainted by association with his bro I'm afraid

He's got 1 goal and 2 assists in 606 mins of football this season (the equivalent of about 6.5 to 7 games).  That's the same number of assists as, among others, Silva, Cazorla, Nasri and Ramsay.  All of whom, I think, have played more minutes than him.

So - not exactly stellar, but not quite an attacker who doesn't score or create.

The criticism for Sammy is quite harsh, lots of it brought on due to having Ameobi in his name.

He's not great, but he's young and still learning. He hasn't exactly played a hell of a lot of football and he has looked pretty good in his run so far.