Sammy Ameobi released

James

Terrible today. I want him to do well but he's just not good enough. Can see him getting released in the summer.

Think he'd be a very handy player to have for a Championship side, but far too inconsistent for the top level.

Was absolutely horrific today.

This is it. He's an attacker with very poor awareness of those around him and no goalscoring instinct. I just don't see him having what it takes between the ears.

Would argue he has all the attributes to make it at the top level but he needs coaching massively, this isn't going to happen here.

I can't see any reason to get rid because we won't buy anyone better. But Sammy will never be a Premiership level winger as long as there's a hole in his arse.

I'm not so sure about this, but it depends on your definition of a premier league winger.  There's a lot of average and poor wingers in the league right now.  I don't think he's good enough to start there every game long term for us, but he's been quite effective in the winning run and has offered more there than Gouffran did.  He's not someone who would ever be a useful squad member even for a top six side, but the rest of the league's teams have a lot of average and poor players in them.  The performance of most of those teams including us, is dictated by the quality of management and the better players each of those teams might have at the time.  On his own merit, he probably isn't a good premier league winger, but a premier league winger who can get some games and do a job for a premier league team, well he's already that in some ways.

This is it. He's an attacker with very poor awareness of those around him and no goalscoring instinct. I just don't see him having what it takes between the ears.

Would argue he has all the attributes to make it at the top level but he needs coaching massively, this isn't going to happen here.

:thup:

He's still the same as he was at 19 and he's now 22. No improvement in the meantime, massively frustrating.

He's still the same as he was at 19 and he's now 22. No improvement in the meantime, massively frustrating.

How do you expect him to improve without regular football? Unless you think Pardew's coaching techniques are enough for him to show improvement?

Cabella is a much better player than him, and i think he's about to adapt to this league but we'd have to change the style of football. Cabella isn't a counter attacking player FFS!

And most of all he has to get game time!! So wrong to drop him when he's started to look a bit better now. God i hate this f***ing sit back and keep it tight and try to nick a goal type of game! It's never gonna work long term. Pardew thinks that this is how Bayern Munich and Real Madrid play :lol: They have variety in their game, trying to have possession as much as possible and when they don't their transition play is immense. There's no hope............

Btw, can't wait for the comments that Cabella isn't the better player :lol: :lol:

How do you expect him to improve without regular football? Unless you think Pardew's coaching techniques are enough for him to show improvement?

Is that a deliberate wind up? The same as every fucking player you idiot! Normally they show maturity in between 18-22 and become better and more game inteligent

Was far from our worst player today - created some of our best openings with his crosses and a very good through ball.

I'd agree. The criticism on here is ridiculous.

Or maybe some people just don't f***ing rate him! He's just not good enough! He was very poor as was most of the team and especially the disgusting c*** of a manager we're doomed with. This loss was mostly because of Pardew. 99% to blame imo. He's the biggest reason that the team was absolutely horse s***.