Sammy Ameobi released

James

That is quite touching to be honest.

Mammy and Daddy Ameobi must be proud as f***. Fair play to them.

:lol:

Nah, just remind you the time when Shola made his debut for us under Sir Bobby.  It's like a cycle has been completed...the rise and the fall.

I met his mother shortly after his callup to the Nigeria squad and she was proud as fuck then too.

She was gutted when he missed out due to his broken jaw.

Shola and Sammy Ameobi tell of NUFC pride‎

ChronicleLive - Lee Ryder - 21 minutes ago

NEWCASTLE United's brothers in arms Shola and Sammy Ameobi today spoke in unison of their pride after becoming the first ...

Shola and Sammy Ameobi tell of NUFC pride‎

ChronicleLive - Lee Ryder - 21 minutes ago

NEWCASTLE United's brothers in arms Shola and Sammy Ameobi today spoke in unison of their pride after becoming the first ...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/05/16/shola-and-sammy-ameobi-tell-of-nufc-pride-72703-28701307/2/

:weep:

I'm touched.

There's Only Two Ameobi's!

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/6a/ad/0,,10278~9678186,00.jpg

By Anthony Marshall

Stood in the Stamford Bridge tunnel clutching Ashley Cole's shirt, and with a grin the width of the River Thames, no-one was going to be able to take this moment away from Newcastle United's latest debutant.

Sammy Ameobi, who only turned 19 at the start of May, was handed a spot on the substitutes' bench for the Magpies' trip to Chelsea on Sunday and, by his own admission, expected a relatively quiet afternoon watching from the sidelines to aid his footballing development.

But manager Alan Pardew had other ideas, and with just under ten minutes remaining the teenager was stripped off and ready to go, replacing Peter Lovenkrands.

Although Chelsea defender Alex headed home what looked to be the winner seconds after Ameobi's introduction, Newcastle's never-say-die attitude shone through once again and Steven Taylor snatched a deserved injury-time equaliser.

For Ameobi, it was an afternoon he will never forget, especially being given the chance to line up alongside older brother Shola for the first time in the famous black and white stripes.

The forward told nufc.co.uk: "When the manager let me know I was coming on I was like 'me?!' But it was good and hopefully this game is the first of many appearances.

"My first game for Newcastle, against a side like Chelsea and I play alongside my brother - it has been a great day and a great experience. I never thought I would get the chance to play alongside Shola, so I'm really glad I have.

"I just want to push on now and do the best I can for the team and the Club. Hopefully I can be involved again when we play West Brom on Sunday."

Ameobi's cameo may have been brief, but he showed enough in that time to suggest he is more than capable of performing at first team level. And the youngster was proud to be part of a side which achieved a memorable draw in West London.

"It was a massive result," he explained. "I was gutted when I came on and they scored right away, but we had to keep our heads up. We did that and got the goal back, which was good.

"We were good value for the draw and I thought we could have even gone on to win it because we had a few more chances, but that's just the way the game goes. We're glad of the result though as 2-2 at Chelsea is a good result and not many sides come here and get anything."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110516/theres-only-two-ameobis_2281670_2361100?ref=nf

:aww: