Sammy Ameobi released

James

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

just what we needed a second ameobi all our attacking problems are solved

1 inch taller i think.

3 with that haircut.  :lol:

Seriously though, Shola is best part of 6ft3", so Sammy is the same height as Carroll?

Carroll was bang on 6'3, Sammy's probably about 190cm at a guess. Tall guy.

Shola was the same build as his brother when he was the same age. He's added loads of bulk over the last few years.

I've seen Sammy a few times on the metro home from work. He's tall as fuck, but quite slim built to go with it.

He made his first-team debut on 15 May 2011 as a second-half substitute against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, along side his brother Shola Ameobi, coming on for the struggling Peter Lovenkrands just before Chelsea made the game 2-1. This prompted Newcastle fans to change a favorite chant from "There is only one Ameobi" to "There are only... two Ameobis n that like weyaye man"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammy_Ameobi

I didn't catch the match but I hope to god that's a piss take  ???

TOON scout Brian Clark was the man who recommended Gazza to the club.

Over the years he has spotted many who have joined the ranks at St James’ Park.

And Brian still remembers the first time he saw the Ameobi brothers play.

"I saw Shola playing in a schoolyard as I was walking back from the hospital after an eye operation," he said.

"I said to our lass, ‘the big lad can play’ and a few months later I went to Heaton Manor School and I saw him having a trial for the school.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2011/05/17/delight-for-sammy-and-shola-ameobi-s-mam-72703-28707653/3/#ixzz1MbzR6TFf

The op obviously didn't work then.

Guest schmuck

TOON scout Brian Clark was the man who recommended Gazza to the club.

Over the years he has spotted many who have joined the ranks at St James’ Park.

And Brian still remembers the first time he saw the Ameobi brothers play.

"I saw Shola playing in a schoolyard as I was walking back from the hospital after an eye operation," he said.

"I said to our lass, ‘the big lad can play’ and a few months later I went to Heaton Manor School and I saw him having a trial for the school.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2011/05/17/delight-for-sammy-and-shola-ameobi-s-mam-72703-28707653/3/#ixzz1MbzR6TFf

The op obviously didn't work then.

:lol: that's almost too perfect

Not wanting to piss on the bonfire here, but the reason he looked so decent against Chelsea on Sunday was because they had no idea what to expect of him ( I doubt Carlo referred to him in his tactics buildup with the players).

The more he plays, the more the opposition will begin to read and understand his game. Still, a decent prospect.