Sammy Ameobi released

James

No argument with people wanting to upgrade on Best, as much as I like him and am more than grateful for what he's done for the team this calendar year. I just don't see how you'd pick Sammy as the replacement for him, though. HBA would have to be given a shot ahead of him still, and I'd probably shoot for Vuckic right now, too, particularly after the hype at WBA. Bit of bias there, as I didn't get to watch, and I'm pissed at missing him get his first proper chance in the PL. :lol: Having said that, I'd still rather keep Best in the first XI over Sammy.

No argument with people wanting to upgrade on Best, as much as I like him and am more than grateful for what he's done for the team this calendar year. I just don't see how you'd pick Sammy as the replacement for him, though. HBA would have to be given a shot ahead of him still, and I'd probably shoot for Vuckic right now, too, particularly after the hype at WBA. Bit of bias there, as I didn't get to watch, and I'm p*ssed at missing him get his first proper chance in the PL. :lol: Having said that, I'd still rather keep Best in the first XI over Sammy.

i'd like to see what sammy could do up front. in the same way i wanted to see what allardyce could do at a bigger club. i just didn't want my clubs points to be used as the experiment.

No argument with people wanting to upgrade on Best, as much as I like him and am more than grateful for what he's done for the team this calendar year. I just don't see how you'd pick Sammy as the replacement for him, though. HBA would have to be given a shot ahead of him still, and I'd probably shoot for Vuckic right now, too, particularly after the hype at WBA. Bit of bias there, as I didn't get to watch, and I'm pissed at missing him get his first proper chance in the PL. :lol: Having said that, I'd still rather keep Best in the first XI over Sammy.

All I said was let him have his chance over Best who lately has done nothing. I'm not saying he can be a long term replacement for Best but at least give the guy a chance. Fair enough Best will soon be in the first 11 no matter what because of Ba going to the ACN, that would be a good opportunity for Sa. Ameobi to take his chance.

Guest KeithKettleborough

They should ban them from using Twitter. Not so bright footballers + big head + tweets = trouble somewhere along the line. A ban should be the penalty you have to pay for the privelage of playing for Newcastle and for being paid a lot of money (compared to most of us)  for doing so :)

Just read the tweets, a tad worrying. :undecided: Not only the fact he thinks he should be getting more of an opportunity, although, with the likes of Obertan getting a start every fucking week wouldn't you get a bit agitated? But the fact he wants to broadcast it over Twitter. Everyone wants to air their grievances on the cunt. Don't get it. Are footballers genuinely that stupid that they think sending this shit out for anyone to read is going to help them?

Sometimes it's just out of frustration, in the heat of the moment.

A problem shared is a problem halved or in this case cut into a couple of thousand pieces.

That's why he kind of withdrew it/retreated a bit later on. He knows what he said was stupid.

Just read the tweets, a tad worrying. :undecided: Not only the fact he thinks he should be getting more of an opportunity, although, with the likes of Obertan getting a start every f***ing week wouldn't you get a bit agitated? But the fact he wants to broadcast it over Twitter. Everyone wants to air their grievances on the c***. Don't get it. Are footballers genuinely that stupid that they think sending this s*** out for anyone to read is going to help them?

Was actually thinking about this before, it's a fair enough point imo. Obertan did fuck all last night so I think Sammy probably thought he (or even someone else) would do a better job than Obertan.

whatever Sammy is he most certainly isnt a right winger

Yep. His best position (in Pardew's current system anyway) is probably on the left wing. Though really Sammy is more of an winger-come-striker type I think.

Samuel Ameobi @Sammy_Ameobi

BA...HUH! What did he sign for? Absolutely Nothing! #ledge

:lol: :lol:

:lol: Is that a chant or has he just done that himself?

Done that himself I think. That chant needs to sung when Ba comes back from the ACoN.