Sam Allardyce

Ritchie

I don't think it's a bizarre decision to have faith in your manager. If he fails, he does one.

I just think it was clear he wasn't going to turn it around, that's all. A new manager might have given them a boost and motivated the players enough to survive.

Having faith in the manager is admirable, but only if he's the right man for the job.

I don't think it's a bizarre decision to have faith in your manager. If he fails, he does one.

Agree with that. At the time they were on about sacking him they were in truly awful form. They've done well to get this close IMO.

Agree with that. At the time they were on about sacking him they were in truly awful form. They've done well to get this close IMO.

Doesn't that demonstrate that he should have been sacked though? They were in awful form, they kept him, they got relegated.

(Obviously it's actually impossible to know)

Doesn't that demonstrate that he should have been sacked though? He was in awful form, they kept him, they got relegated.

(Obviously it's actually impossible to know)

Well that's obvious in hindsight, but I seem to remember that after that whole thing came to nothing their form really picked up anyway. The damage was already done.

While there has obviously been mismanagement, I do feel a bit sorry for him because his players just haven't done it. Seeing them running their socks off today when it came to the crunch must have made every West Ham fan wonder why they couldn't have done this a few months ago. And I know it's not just about working hard but still, must be infuriating.

Zola is more culpable tbh. They finished on 35 points last season and really should have gone down with that.

His heart's never been at it at WHU, and You could see that from his fourth or fifth game in charge. Got to be said, both time we've played them they've looked absolutely atrocious. They made our job far easier than any side from The Championship last season. Dreadful.

My only real gripe is we played the bastards twice in a month when we were shit and they were on a decent little run.

They've turned in him some abject showings.

Hughton would be a good fit, especially as Sky mentioned Newcastle about 5 times in their chat with Tony Gale there.

I really hope Hughton doesn't go there. I despise West Ham as a club and I really don't want to despise Hughton.

He's the most uninspiring looking manager, and I can't imagine him getting the players fired up for a battle. Whenever I've seen West Ham this season, they've looked good in bursts, but then the concentration goes and they seem to lose heart completely. With the players they've got, they shouldn't have gone down.

Having said that, it feels bad to publicly sack the guy straight after the game like that. He's entitled to a bit of dignity.

I fear for West Ham like... they will lose all the decent players and might not have the 'group of lads' that we had to band together and get them back up.

Unless they appoint the creator of the group of lads.

I fear for West Ham like... they will lose all the decent players and might not have the 'group of lads' that we had to band together and get them back up.

Unless they appoint the creator of the group of lads.

Hughton didn't create anything.