Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Eh? How is he set to join Valencia? Why would Lorient accept a lower bid for him? Have Valencia upped their bid?

He wants to go there, they want him, they're only about £2m away from each other on a fee. Also, there's the threat of it going to some sort of tribunal (which is apparently possible only two weeks after the last day of the season due to clauses in contracts in France) where the fee can be determined by FIFA or something. Assuming the figures are correct and they've offered £8m with us at £10m, I would imagine they'll agree on £9m sooner rather than later.

http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/quieren-negociar-gameiro-semana/20110530dasdaiftb_11/Tes

2 out of 3 isn't bad, club has done well if the other 2 are confirmed

Well? They have done really well if Cabaye joins, and will have been magical if they manage to persuade Gervinho too.

What adjective would you use if we had gotten all three?

non-existant.

:lol:

Guest Antec

Brilliant reverse jinx mini Serbian Jew double bluff.

On a similar note, there's no chance I'll be balls deep in Sofia Vergara anytime soon(preferably this weekend)

Can you stick that in the thread title please Dave

Guest Heneage

If he doesn't want to be here as his first choice then it is probably for the best he joins them.

Brilliant reverse jinx mini Serbian Jew double bluff.

On a similar note, there's no chance I'll be balls deep in Sofia Vergara anytime soon(preferably this weekend)

Can you stick that in the thread title please Dave

All the rules are off if this works out.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If he doesn't want to be here as his first choice then it is probably for the best he joins them.

:thup:

Unfortunately true. Think we could have been good for each other, but it seems its not meant to be. :(

If only there was another decent striker from a French side willing to sell, maybe a relegated one... who we could pick up for cheap, probably around 3m...

http://cfs15.tistory.com/image/30/tistory/2008/11/03/01/58/490ddc354da98

:nile:

If only there was another decent striker from a French side willing to sell, maybe a relegated one... who we could pick up for cheap, probably around 3m...

His goal rate isn't great, but decent player, maybe if we miss out on Gervinho rather than Gamerio.

His goal rate isn't great, but decent player, maybe if we miss out on Gervinho rather than Gamerio.

Bah, it's not going to happen. God doesn't love me that much.

Do you really think we could get him for £3m? Reckon we should regardless of what happens, if we get Gervinho he'd be great to have in January.

Got to think we've been scouting France a lot since Jan, it looks like our bulk of signings will come from there, I cannot see any reason why Ashley hasn't taken notice of Monaco's relegation and wondering who we can pinch on the cheap. It's his MO.

Guest geordienorway

Could see us go for Mevlut Erding now.

Can't help but thinking Erding is a better fit in the Prem than Gameiro. Especially if a 4-3-3 is on the cards.

Press over here claim that Monaco are willing to let him go for what they paid. Think he's only got a year left on his contract too.

I think he'd fit in great as the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 as it's the position he plays for south Korea, with the caveat that the majority of our goals would need to be coming from Ben arfa or gervinho or whoever ends up playing right behind him.

National service complications probably make this a non-starter though. I can't see our board being

willing to bring in a player with any sort of significant uncertainty in his future.

Unfortunately true. Think we could have been good for each other, but it seems its not meant to be. :(

All too familiar tbh. The Luque alarm bells would be ringing.