Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

Of the 3 of them, this is the one I'm least bothered about losing out to, evidently has his heart set elsewhere so no point f***ing about.

Of the 3, it's the one playing in a position where we are most desperate for an injection of genuine quality.

I can't help but think of the last 2 big name forwards we signed who wanted to be somewhere else and only came for the money and how that turned out.

If the player wants to be somewhere else it would be in NUFC's best interest to look elsewhere, as we learned the hard with way with Owen/Luque.

Of the 3 of them, this is the one I'm least bothered about losing out to, evidently has his heart set elsewhere so no point f***ing about.

Of the 3, it's the one playing in a position where we are most desperate for an injection of genuine quality.

We need a striker desperately for sure but if he doesn't want to come we should be looking elsewhere.

He's been going on about Valencia for ages. Don't know why he has such a fascination with them. Not that I'm saying he should join Newcastle, but you'd think with the state they're in it's a bit of a side step plus he'd probably get as much of an improved contract anywhere else.

I guess when you've spent however long in Lorient, going to play in Spain is an attractive prospect.

We need a striker desperately for sure but if he doesn't want to come we should be looking elsewhere.

If he is joining Valencia I would also say we need to be looking elsewhere

He's been going on about Valencia for ages. Don't know why he has such a fascination with them. Not that I'm saying he should join Newcastle, but you'd think with the state they're in it's a bit of a side step plus he'd probably get as much of an improved contract anywhere else.

I guess when you've spent however long in Lorient, going to play in Spain is an attractive prospect.

Guess he fancies the climate of Spain. Valencia, being one of the most attractive cities in that country, is a easy choice in that case. Probably the biggest club he could've hoped for as well.

Like others have said, if he'd rather be somewhere else we should immediately walk away. And as much as i'm not arsed about us signing him, this is the position that needs filled. It has to be our top priority.

I'm a little bit uneasy about Gameiro. I hope the club sets him a deadline (ideally a week or two) for him to decide whether to join us. From what has come out so far he doesn't particularly want to sign for us and would much ratheer join Valencia. Just not really sure this is the type of player we should be hanging around for.

I was under the impression that he only wanted to go to Spain because he thought that the Premier League would be too physical for someone of his stature, can't remember where I read it, but it was around the time we were first linked with him. I think he sees the Spanish league as a safer bet, somewhere where he is more likely to succeed.

Sturridge is better and English. Buy him.

:idiot2:

Mate whats wrong with my opnion?

A. Better? Possibly, I suppose he's reasonably proven over here.

B. His nationality is utterly irrelevant other than meaning:

C. He'll cost more than we are willing to pay, in both transfer fee and wages.

D. It's not yet clear he'll be leaving Chelsea.