Kévin Gameiro

Waddles mullet

It's really not sour grapes but he is the one who least excites me

He's the one I most wanted us to sign.

Up front is the position we need to strengthen the most and I highly doubt we'll get anyone else of Gameiro's quality.  Ah well. :(

http://www.ciberche.net/declaraciones/21731-llorente-lestamos-negociando-por-gameiro-pero-el-valencia-no-pagara-12-millones-de-eurosr

Valencia president, Manuel Llorente, said that the club president is negotiating for Kevin Gameiro, French Lorient striker, but the entity is not willing to pay 12 million euros by the attacker.

Llorente was speaking to 'Channel 9' which includes Europa Press before entering the meeting of the Federation. The leader stated that Valencia is talking with Lorient and we'll see how everything is resolved. "

The boss 'Che' said the Mestalla whole is "in negotiations" because Gameiro "is a player that interests Valencia." Anyway, wanted to make clear that Valencia will not pay 12 million euros to be claimed from the French club. "Of course we're not going to pay that amount, " he said.

Valencia takes time behind Gameiro, with which could have reached a special agreement. The player who recently made ​​his debut with a goal in the France has hinted on more than one occasion his intentions to anchor in La Liga.

Gameiro contract ends next season so the Lorient want to sell in the coming days to enter a significant amount. In addition to the interest of Valencia, Paris Saint Germain has also shown its intentions to sign him.

Guest bimpy474

Were we in for him then ?

We are the only team willing to pay what Lorient want, but of the 3 teams interested we're the only one he doesn't want to go to.

One of those if you don't laugh you'll cry situations.

:fishing:

I knew this  :pow:  :laugh:

We weren't even mentioned in that article. Maybe it's finally over.

He'd have been a fantastic little signing, but theres a few decent strikers in the world. Lets just sign a different one. Positivity, people.....

Guest pont-toon

ungrateful bastard, how dare he turn down the opportunity to frequnet the swallwellian riveria  :angry:

If he doesn't want to play for us (and why should he, given he's got absolutely no connection with the club at all?) then I wouldn't really want him here. He's clearly a very good player but if he wants to play in a different league then fair play to him.

No need for the hostility and move on to someone who wants to be up here. No harm done in going for him.

Always been a long shot it seems, though we must have been led on a little.

Maybe outfoxed by the agent on this one.

Hopefully the ground's already prepared for us to move swiftly on.

Same old same old, I am getting fkn sick of us being linked with top players and then not getting them.. I know I know not much can be done if they don't want to come but can't help wonder if we were ever really serious in the first place.

Same old same old, I am getting fkn sick of us being linked with top players and then not getting them.. I know I know not much can be done if they don't want to come but can't help wonder if we were ever really serious in the first place.

I'd say the fact we offered €12m, knowingly outbidding the other clubs seemingly interested would suggest we genuinely wanted him.

I'd say the fact we offered €12m, knowingly outbidding the other clubs seemingly interested would suggest we genuinely wanted him.

Was that confirmed ? our bid I mean