Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

They might even consider sending Lukaku out on loan. Who knows?

Think Lukaku is quoted as saying he wouldn't join Chelsea if he was to be immediately loaned out.

Read (possibly here) that Chelsea are keeping him under observation at the club until January and deciding where to go from there.

Guest mimifrench

What do you think of the transferts of the PSG, their new policy with the Quatarians ?

Do english newspapers talk about that ?

What do you think of the transferts of the PSG, their new policy with the Quatarians ?

Do english newspapers talk about that ?

Our media believes there are only 7 teams in the world: Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Spurs and Newcastle.

But their signings look scarily good. Very impressive!

Guest mimifrench

Ils ont plein argent ca c'est certain. Mais avec moins que 5 minutes a le fin ils sont mener pas Lorient et jeux comme les etrangers.

Lol

Right, PSG just lost against Lorient... 

Money doesn't make happiness but it is sure that it helps !

this summer has been a let down so far,  i was expecting loads of clubs doing business.  Thought Man City would buy some real top notch players smashing transfer records galore now they had Champions league football, expected Chelsea to have a clear out of the old guard and again spend massively on the replacements,  same with Arsenal.  Obviously the mackems have brought in plenty,  expected Blackburns wacky owners to spend, wondered how after a good season last could Bolton hang on to the likes of Cahill, Holden, Lee etc.  Spurs have been quiet, as have Everton again,  Villa have done what we wanted our board to do and reinvest after selling the likes of Downing.  The likes of Wigan and Wolves who struggled last season have only brought in one or two players as well.

Carew and Nolan should score enough in the Championship like.

It will be all thanks to Big Sam though, nothing to do with having players that are way too good for the division (still surprised Nolan didn't go to a bottom half PL team).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2022843/Sam-Allardyce-Ill-turn-West-Ham-winners.html

Some typical quotes from Allardyce:

'They were desperate to sell Blackburn for many, many years and my satisfaction comes from the fact that I created so much interest in the club again,' he says. 'I know it sounds like I'm blowing my own trumpet but I might as well.  Mourinho does it all the time and everyone loves him.

'I created such a vibrant football club that there were four or five who wanted to buy it, having never shown any interest before. I was producing profit with results.'

'But the proof of the pudding is what happens to a football club when you leave. What happened to Limerick when I left? They went down. What happened to Blackpool when I left? They went down. What happened to Notts County? They went down. What happened to  Bolton? They nearly got relegated. What happened to Newcastle? ted. What happened to Blackburn? They nearly got relegated.'

But how did he persuade Nolan to even consider dropping down a division? 'I think it's past history,' he says. 'Kevin was bitterly disappointed that I didn't take him to Newcastle. It was virtually impossible at the time because of the animosity between me and Phil  Gartside (Bolton chairman). If I'd tried to buy him the price would have been £12million, simply because it was me.

'I thought I only had an outside chance of getting him here but I was aware there was a bit of discontent because of what appeared, from a distance, to be Newcastle's lack of appreciation towards him. But I think our past relationship counted for a lot. I was the manager, at Bolton who really started him off, brought him through. So there's some mutual respect there, built over those years.