Other clubs' transfers

Guest palnese

Eto'o looked poor against us.

He did, but he also showed glimpses of being a class player. Would be a great signing for Chelsea IMO, they desperately lack a top class striker. Would love to see him in the PL as well.

he'll still be a great finisher and against most teams in the league thats all he'll be required to do.

not sure he'll be a great signing though. I'd be pushing lukaku as much as possible and eto'o will only stop him getting game time.

£408m spent so far this window in the prem compared to £480m last season. Considering 3 big managerial changes at the top and all the new tv money I expect more.

Still 5 days to go I suppose.

£408m spent so far this window in the prem compared to £480m last season. Considering 3 big managerial changes at the top and all the new tv money I expect more.

Still 5 days to go I suppose.

Arsenal, Man Utd and Chelsea spent like 30m between them. ( until Willian deal gets completed anyway)

Clubs in the top 6 have really spent little this summer, Tottenham aside and they knew they would get massive Bale payments.

I wonder if the Premier League's FFP wage stipulations are really having an impact like some chairmen are claiming.

It hasn't. Chelsea just need one player - a striker. They've built the side up pretty well otherwise. Maybe a CM. The rest have just been fannying around a lot. L'pool did a lot of rebuilding in winter and last year...

Liverpool basically have spent less than they sold, Arsenal too and Man Utd haven't spent a penny either.

I'm sure that's not by design.

Guest Roger Kint

‏@GraemeBailey 37s

West Brom have made loan bids for Marseille duo Jordan Ayew and Morgan Amalfitano, Sky Sports sources understand. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11698/8893498/transfer-news-west-brom-want-jordan-ayew-and-morgan-amalfitano

West brom showing ambition their, I feel jealous

Spend £0 so far and seriously doubt OM would just let them have those two. But aye ambition :thup:

‏@GraemeBailey 37s

West Brom have made loan bids for Marseille duo Jordan Ayew and Morgan Amalfitano, Sky Sports sources understand. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11698/8893498/transfer-news-west-brom-want-jordan-ayew-and-morgan-amalfitano

Spend £0 so far and seriously doubt OM would just let them have those two. But aye ambition :thup:

If they are going for players of that calibre for a club of their size is that not showing ambition?

My earlier comment wasn't a dig at NUFC either FYI

Guest icemanblue

‏@GraemeBailey 37s

If they are going for players of that calibre for a club of their size is that not showing ambition?

What about the players we've signed? Do they not show ambition?

‏@GraemeBailey 37s

What about the players we've signed? Do they not show ambition?

I'm not talking about us, I'm talking about WBA.

Is the word "Ambition or lack therefore" exclusive to us?